Sony CDX-M8815X Blackout Faceplate Head Unit for sale

SOLD!

I bought this brand new from Crutchfield. List price is $370.00. I paid around $250.00 shipped. Used only 3 months because I bought Ray's Pioneer DVD unit [too good a deal to pass up]. I have it mounted in the Ford mounting bracket and already hooked up to a Ford compatible harness. Blackout faceplate. Motorized flip out controls. Built in equalizer. Asking $200.00 OBO. Offer me something close to $200 and it's yours. Includes box, directions, and remote.

Specs and promo info: The Active Black Panel (ABP) faceplate on Sony's CDX-M8815X CD receiver is a 21st-century wonder. Jazz up your nights with its high-resolution graphics, or just sit back and marvel at the large, easy-to-read display. The only two buttons on the motorized faceplate serve to open the face and to select the display image, helping to cut down on button clutter for a clean, unobtrusive installation.

Open up the ABP, and you have access to a full control panel and a smaller display. The receiver enters stealth mode when your turn off the ignition, making the display and buttons disappear.

The CDX-M8815X features a strong internal amp (17 watts RMS x 4) to coax every last detail out of your music. Read more
Details:
» CD/MP3 receiver with built-in amplifier (17 watts RMS/52 peak x 4 channels)
» plays CDs, CD-Rs, and CD-RWs (including discs loaded with MP3 and ATRAC3plus files)
» EQ7 (7-band equalizer and 7 preset tone curves)
» Active Black Panel faceplate
» BBE MP (restores detail and warmth lost to music files during compression)
» CEA-2006 Compliant amplifier
» Dynamic Soundstage Organizer for a better defined soundstage
» 4-volt front, rear, and subwoofer preamp outputs
» XM Satellite Radio controls (XM subscription, tuner, and antenna required to receive the satellite radio signal) — service is available only in the lower 48 states, not available in Alaska, Hawaii, or U.S. territories
» Aux Lite auxiliary input
» CD changer controls
» wireless remote
» clock
» 18 FM/12 AM presets
» seek tuning
» CD frequency response: 10-20,000 Hz
» CD signal-to-noise ratio: 120 dB
» FM sensitivity: 9 dBf
» warranty: 2 years

cdxm8815x.jpg

h158CDXM881-o_closed_mt.jpeg

h158CDXM881-o_FL_L.jpeg

h158CDXM881-f_LD.jpeg

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
SonicBlur said:
Is it possible to install this head unit without replacing the entire Mach 460 sound system? I know I'm better off but I can't afford an entire new sound system.

-Mike

Yes, I had this unit installed in my Cobra which has the Mach 460. The Sony comes with the Ford mounting bracket already mounted to it and is already hooked up to a wiring harness that plugs directly into the Mach460 harness. You pull the trim piece off the dash, take out two bolts, pull the stock radio out, unplug the stock harness and antenna, plug in the new harness and plug in the antenna, install the new head unit using the same two bolts, push the trim piece back on and you are done. 15 minute install.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
SonicBlur said:
Alright. Is there an AUX so I can plug in an MP3 (non-iPod) or some way to play an MP3 player on it? Also, do you recommend an installtion kit? What I mean is that the stock Mach radio is HUGE when compared to the Sony. What else do I need to make this fit and look presentable?

-Mike

There is an AUX hook up on the back of the unit but I didn't have an auxiliary player hooked up to it so I'm not sure how you do so. Here's a link to the instructions page if you want to take a look. http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/model-documents.pl?mdl=CDXM8815X&LOC=3

You don't need an installation kit. The mounting bracket that I'm including with the head unit consists of the stereo trim plate and a small CD sized storage compartment that fills the hole. The unit is already set up to mount in a Mustang. Since I bought it from Crutchfield, the mounting bracket and harness were already included and I left them on when I took the unit out. As I said above, it should be a fifteen minute install to replace your head unit with this one. If you want to drive down to Frankfort, I'll help you throw it in.

Edit- To clarify, the unit looks like a factory install using the included mounting bracket/trim plate.

The hardest part of the install is carefully pulling off the dash trim piece which only takes a minute. I've installed more than a few stereos over the years and this install was one of the easiest I've ever done.

Thread Info