03 Cobra catback and H-pipe

Bigturbonotch

WAIT AND SEE
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2005
well I read the other threads you have started about your financial situation and the smart thing to do would be to part out the aftermarket parts since you seem to have a TON of them. You will get little or no money trying to part out the stock parts. Be realistic.

ChicagoMike

TCG Elite Member
Mar 4, 2004
I sold the major stock components, parting out the car would be a bad idea. De-modded it would end up being a piece of junk. The blower is ported (not reversible), cooling mod (not reversible) strut brace with holes drilled in the towers (not reverible) ... there's a lot that's not reversible. I don't see why people think I can magically turn the car back to stock. I guess I could swap blowers, swap a water pump.... it would cost me more time and money to part the car out and leave it half assed, then I would be lucky to even get 20K for it when it's parted out because of the marks that will be left behind... blah...

If someone wants the aftermarket parts so bad ... buy the car for 32K .... return it to stock yourself ... sell the car .. and make a PROFIT

svtcobra2k1 said:
well I read the other threads you have started about your financial situation and the smart thing to do would be to part out the aftermarket parts since you seem to have a TON of them. You will get little or no money trying to part out the stock parts. Be realistic.

Bigturbonotch

WAIT AND SEE
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2005
ChicagoMike said:
I sold the major stock components, parting out the car would be a bad idea. De-modded it would end up being a piece of junk. The blower is ported (not reversible), cooling mod (not reversible) strut brace with holes drilled in the towers (not reverible) ... there's a lot that's not reversible. I don't see why people think I can magically turn the car back to stock. I guess I could swap blowers, swap a water pump.... it would cost me more time and money to part the car out and leave it half assed, then I would be lucky to even get 20K for it when it's parted out because of the marks that will be left behind... blah...

honestly man i wish you the best of luck and I really believe that the best way to sell the car woudl be to demod it. You can easily sell you are for $26,000 with those miles on it and a few thousand more and it woudl be much easier to sell that way. I know I am not the only one that feels that way.

ChicagoMike

TCG Elite Member
Mar 4, 2004
I don't understand who wants a demodded Cobra? The warranty is gone anyway, it has been 3 years. Why buy a demodded Cobra only to spend $$$ on modding it again? The car has over $20,000 in mods and labor and tuning, for 32K the car is a steal, and I am willing to donate all of the stock parts (that I have left, not much) to the buyer if the buyer wishes to put the back seats and seatbelts back in, etc.

But things like headers and stock heat exchanger and other parts are long gone.

zenriddles

Guns don't kill people, 'vaccines' do
Aug 18, 2005
Holiday Inn
ChicagoMike said:
I see what you're doing, you're trying to get my stuff for FREE or next to nothing:

http://www.chicagosvt.com/forums/showthread.php3?t=13288

so :laughing2 :laughing2 :laughing2 :laughing2 to YOU

I Agree. You should protect Your Stuff from Scoundrels like that. The safest way to make sure He doesn't get his paws on those old exhaust parts is to give them to me.

What diameter pipes are those anyhow? Mufflers included?

ChicagoMike

TCG Elite Member
Mar 4, 2004
I have no idea. Stock 03 Cobra exhaust, it has 2 mufflers on it. I don't know much about it except that it came off my 2003 Cobra right from the Ford factory off the car carrier, and the pipes went right into the basement where they have sat since.

zenriddles said:
I Agree. You should protect Your Stuff from Scoundrels like that. The safest way to make sure He doesn't get his paws on those old exhaust parts is to give them to me.

What diameter pipes are those anyhow? Mufflers included?

Thread Info

• C
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list