FS: 2003 sebring LXi

Yep it's for sale now to make way for the new ride. Just if anyone here wants it or knows of anyone that would... thanks guys.

Details:
2003 Chrysler Sebring LXi sedan
89,000 miles
Miles 1-65k'ish driven by my 49 year old father, the rest by me.
All maintenance done on time with records. Fully synthetic oil used.
Tastefully modified.

-2.7l 200hp v6 And automatic transmission w/ autostick
-power windows and doors
-Ice cold AC
-power sunroof
-leather and suede interior
-Driver information display (temp/compass, mileage, mpg's, etc...)
-fully Powered driver seat
-heated seats
-Infinity 6 speaker stereo with 6 cd in-dash cd changer
-Lowered with Intrax lowering springs
-Stylish 18" rims with newer performance tires
-stock chrome 16" rims with newer all-season tires
-40/60 fold down rear seats
-Homelink garage door opening controls
-hi-flow resonator-back custom exhaust with chrome tip (can be returned to stock if wanted)

-Every option available from the factory!

Recently buffed and polished so the exterior shines like glass!
Also, there are no signs of oil sludging in this motor. Synthetic oil changed religiously every 3,000 miles

This car is my baby and I'm sad to let it go, but time to move on...

Asking $7,500 but will take off $300 if not sold with the 18" rims and tires.

IMG_1545-1.jpg

IMG_1557.jpg

IMG_1560.jpg

need more details, PM me or email me at [email protected]

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
ya im going to have to agree... now if we didnt know you were spraying i would say like 5500-6k.... with the spraying factor, well, 4500-5000k... IMO

I don't think spray would affect the value by more than a few hundo since the 2.7s are fairly common, and the motor is already a 'known evil'

but an asking price higher than dealer asking price is lofty. Also, the fact that he has 'painted lens' headlights, custom exhaust, etc, if he is selling to private party typically will HURT value because it leans toward that the car was beaten on.

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
I don't think spray would affect the value by more than a few hundo since the 2.7s are fairly common, and the motor is already a 'known evil'

but an asking price higher than dealer asking price is lofty. Also, the fact that he has 'painted lens' headlights, custom exhaust, etc, if he is selling to private party typically will HURT value because it leans toward that the car was beaten on.

thats why i put all my stock stuff back on :(

Angus

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 12, 2007
HHI, SC
lots of cars come with headlights like mine and they are completely legal. I'm not changing the springs b/c that was a PITA. But I'll have the stock springs to throw in the trunk and I can return the exhaust to stock easily.

I paid $2,700 for a 3 yr old, 65k mile car b/c it was a benefit from my pop's company. If I got it for free, I wouldn't give it away for free just b/c that's what I got it for...

Yes, it was sprayed a bit, not that much b/c I was too poor to keep buying bottle refills.

And the hood dent is barely noticeable. People don't notice till I put their face up to it and point it out...

And yes it's a sebring, but i promise if you were to see MY car in real life and get in it, you'd think it's a really nice car too. much, much nicer than your honda or focus, no offense... yes, a sebring, but a pretty nice one. I'd rather have it than any cobalt, honda, pontiac, etc.. it's a very nice car and that's why I'd only upgrade to an Audi.

I knew I couldn't really get any interest from this site seeing how much ridicule I get, but any amount helps.

And the price is what I want to get from it. I have a buyer w/ an offer for $7k already.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
if you have a buyer with a 7K offer I'd jump all fucking over it.

Only reason why you don't have my interest is because you want nearly 2 grand more than its worth despite it 'being a nice car'. To me it comes off as being very VERY greedy that you want 2 grand more than its worth while you paid next to nothing for it. I know you aren't gonna resell it for 3 grand, but you are trying to double your money out of a sebring that was for all intents and purposes 'beaten' on for the past 20 thousand miles.

My civic is JUNK, vinyl seats, no AC, no PS, no power anything, its a 'sport compact' in its truest form.

the focus is like 2 steps above rental car trim but its still worth quite a bit more than your sebring.

I still recommend you put stock wheels on it, stock exhaust, stock springs, because the aftermarket stuff really will have little/no impact on sale price, I'd sell them seperate.

Last edited:

Angus

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 12, 2007
HHI, SC
kbb : $7,135 good condition
nada: $8,375
edmunds: $5,297 clean condition

well I have my offer and I don't think you have any interest in my car, so don't worry about it.

And I didn't think I would get much interest here b/c this is a more "performance oriented" forum and for the same reason I get ridiculed, a sebring isn't a widely known platform for performance or modifying.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
kbb : $7,135 good condition
nada: $8,375
edmunds: $5,297 clean condition

well I have my offer and I don't think you have any interest in my car, so don't worry about it.

And I didn't think I would get much interest here b/c this is a more "performance oriented" forum and for the same reason I get ridiculed, a sebring isn't a widely known platform for performance or modifying.

no, I do agree that this site specifically would draw little interest, but from the perspective of people on these boards, and from what WE know about the car, you'd have to agree its not worth 7 grand since we all know its been sprayed, it has a damaged hood and it blew up its intake manifold, its been to the track, etc etc etc.

The reason for me choosing Edmunds is because Edmunds is geared more toward private party, and what you can realistically get for the car. KBB is more biased toward dealers, and ripping people a new ass on trade-ins, and I still don't understand how nada works.

after checking, where are you pulling 7 grand out of KBB for your car?

*The KBB shows the wrong pic, but this is for a sebring*

notsorry.jpg

*Edit* I'm done arguing, Car isn't worth that much, if you get it, Power to you, GL with your sale.

Last edited:

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
"your car is only worth as much as someone wants to pay for it"

Sure you can sell a car modded, but you gotta find the right buyer. Mods do not necessary increase the value of the car. Well they could for the right buyer, but for most part, no. Most people don't like cars that have mods, and probably pretty much every person that is looking into Sebrings wants a stock one. Im assuming your asking price is high because of the money you put into the car. Its also clean, but any car can get clean with a detail job.

Angus

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 12, 2007
HHI, SC
"your car is only worth as much as someone wants to pay for it"

Sure you can sell a car modded, but you gotta find the right buyer. Mods do not necessary increase the value of the car. Well they could for the right buyer, but for most part, no. Most people don't like cars that have mods, and probably pretty much every person that is looking into Sebrings wants a stock one. Im assuming your asking price is high because of the money you put into the car. Its also clean, but any car can get clean with a detail job.

The only mods on the car at time of sale will be lowering springs, rims, and maybe resonator-back exhaust, but that can be easily changed back to stock in 30 minutes.
And the drop and the rims make the car look much nicer.

I have the stock chromies still sitting in my garage.

it's not like I have any big mods that I have in this car

And I don't think my asking price is too high, but what I want. I'm not in a "must sell situation" and can wait, but my 7k offer is from someone that loves the looks of the car and knows it has gone to the track. Btw, this car has only made 7 total track passes it's entire life.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
The only mods on the car at time of sale will be lowering springs, rims, and maybe resonator-back exhaust, but that can be easily changed back to stock in 30 minutes.
And the drop and the rims make the car look much nicer.

I have the stock chromies still sitting in my garage.

it's not like I have any big mods that I have in this car

And I don't think my asking price is too high, but what I want. I'm not in a "must sell situation" and can wait, but my 7k offer is from someone that loves the looks of the car and knows it has gone to the track. Btw, this car has only made 7 total track passes it's entire life.

Only takes one pass to blow an engine. If he knows it went to the track is he aware of the nitrous explosion?

Angus

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 12, 2007
HHI, SC
*Edit* I'm done arguing, Car isn't worth that much, if you get it, Power to you, GL with your sale.

I don't know why you were arguing in the first place, you aren't interested so leave your 2 cents out. Like panda said, "it's only worth as much as someone is willing to pay for it."

and your kbb is wrong b/c you are missing plenty of options.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
I don't know why you were arguing in the first place, you aren't interested so leave your 2 cents out. Like panda said, "it's only worth as much as someone is willing to pay for it."

and your kbb is wrong b/c you are missing plenty of options.

I maxed out the KBB options list after doing that screen shot, and it still only came up to $6400

yep, they drove me to work when my car was down ;)

done yet?

I would have been interested if it was like 4-5K because we still haven't gotten the blazer for kim yet.

its VERY hard to sell a car over blue book, especially a modded one that had been sprayed, if you seriously get 7K for it, like I said, power to you.

Angus

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 12, 2007
HHI, SC
http://www.kbb.com/KBB/UsedCars/Pri...rue|79568|true&Condition=Good&QuizConditions=

And I would put it between good and excellent. I have all the service records, very clean interior. It's been babied by my pops and I. Only towards good for the slight hood dent and 2 other scratches. leather is in great shape, carpets are not stained, no smells, no leaks, everything works and I've already fixed all the problematic stuff like the blower motor resistor, coolant seal leak, front calipers, all 4 struts were replaced at 40k, plugs just done, tranny cooler line leak fixed, and fog lights refinished.

really, this car has been taken care of.

So I really want this thread to just be about offers or interest from now on. Thanks.

Thread Info