2003 Cobra Redfire w/chromies

Well the time has come for the hot rod to go. It's a 2003 Redfire Cobra with the stock chrome wheels. It has the following:

8 Lbs lower pulley
X2C CAI
UPR shifter
Cobra Bob shifter gasket
BBK Long tube headers
Matching off road x-pipe
Bassani Catback
Predator
4.10 gears
MM FLSFC
The car will come with all the stock parts I have (lower pulley, airbox, h-pipe, exhaust manifolds, front sway bar)
Last dyno numbers are listed in sig.

Car will have new front tires (including alignment) and the tune will be touched up for the addition of the LTs before you pick it up. The car will need new rear tires. I have reduced my asking price by $300 so you can choose whatever tire you want. Currently I have BFG DRs on (less than one year old). They have about 30% tread left with some slight side wall cracking (torque cracks as I'm told from Tire Rack and BFG).

The car has never been down the track nor has it ever been in any accidents. The car has just over 15,000 miles. It has the usual wear and tear nothing out of the ordinary except a key mark on the driver's side rear quarter panel. It's thru to the primer. This happened when I lived in CA. Otherwise the paint is in really good condition. I've had none of the known issues with the Cobras pop up other than the clicking in the half shafts. A re-torque of the wheel nut always cured this problem. The car was built on May 12, 2003 and is #6956. Not that it matters; but the factory warranty is still good.

I am the original owner of the car. I bought it at Rancho Santa Margarita Ford in RSM CA. The bank that holds the title is Eagle One Community Credit Union in Lake Forest CA.

I live on the west side of Joliet. Give me a call at 815-953-0423 to view the car anytime. My schedule changes frequently so I'll do my best to accommodate you. I am asking $24,200 firm. Edmunds.com price for clean private party is $23,661. I'm not interested in trades of any kind.

Here are some pics:

82acf35e.jpg

19891ef9.jpg

The Pun

OG CSVT Guy
TCG Premium
Apr 12, 2004
Mystic544 said:
What is the in service date (warranty time left)?
Just a lower pulley...no upper?
Who did/does you tune?
Any more pictures (engine, rear, issues) For some reason I onle get the one picture with the beautiful background to pop up.

Tim

Tim, for the love of god just buy a Cobra already!!!!!!

This looks liek a clean car at a great deal. :biggthump

JPKII

It's just me...
Mar 26, 2004
Mystic544 said:
What is the in service date (warranty time left)?
Just a lower pulley...no upper?
Who did/does you tune?
Any more pictures (engine, rear, issues) For some reason I onle get the one picture with the beautiful background to pop up.

Tim

Tim,

I'll have to check with the wife but I am pretty sure we bought the car October of 2003.

That's correct, just a lower pulley. The upper has never been off the car.

The original tune was done by Shawn Ellis of SoCal Diablo. That was an utter nightmare. I sent the tune to James and he touched it up. I've been on that tune since. I will *probably* take the car to Speed Inc. to get the tune touched up again for the headers.

All the aftermarket parts and tune were done 1-9-04. I had about 2000 miles on the car when all the stuff was done.

I'll work on the pics tonight when I get home.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Joe

JPKII

It's just me...
Mar 26, 2004
I'd also like to let everyone know why I am selling the car. I am at that point where either I take the car to the next level (turbo, whipple, whatever) or get rid of it. The reason I am hesitant to go down the next level path is because it is a dark, lonely, expensive path that I've followed before and it scares me. LOL. I'm just not sure I have the intestinal fortitude anymore to see this thru. I've done it before on other vehicles and they were fun but I look back on them now and think what a waste of money. Sometimes I look back and regret spending so much money on a certain car and motorcycle and basically pissing that money out the window (I'm talking in excess of $20K on both). So if I don't sell it for my asking price I'll keep the damn thing and take care of business. :cool2:

Thread Info