For Sale 97 Cobra $7k OBO

I'm selling my 97 Black Mustang Cobra with a tan leather interior. The car has exactly 79,423 miles and I rarely drive it anymore. The car has a Cobra R Spec transmission in it ordered from D&D as well as the aluminum driveshaft put in a little after 40k miles. It was lowered by the previous owner with eibach springs and has the cobra R (17x9) rims added, other then that it is completly stock. I have owned the car for about 5 years and almost 50k miles. It has new pads and rotors on all 4 corners done a few months back.

I am offering it at this low price because it has become a city car and it has racked up its fair share of parallel parking bumps. To look mint it would need some touch up work. Both bumpers need to be repainted. Also there is a parking lot dent in one of the doors. It has its fair share of scratches all over the car. Last but not least it will need a new set of rear tires (front tires still have plenty of tread left) and a single front turn signal lense. Here are some recent pictures of it

car1.jpg

its hard to show paint flaws which is why i'm asking you to see it in person

car2.jpg

car3.jpg

This is the worst of the damage to the bumpers (a week after a valet bumped another red car with my car that turn signal lense also got bumped and broken. Never have a nice car and move to the city, even with a garage it will still manage to get damaged.
salty1.jpg

This is what it did look like before moving downtown, I hope a new owner can put that kind of love into making it look like this again, or at least covering it in primer and making it really really fast.

cobra1res.jpg

cobra2res.jpg

cobra3res.jpg

Before selling it I will have its oil changed and have it inspected by a mechanic just to make sure theres nothing i'm missing here. If your 100% serious about the car I can drop it off at a mechanic (or place you can check it out under a lift) of your choice (within a reasonable distance). I have a lift at my work I might be able to put it up on as well. I started it and let it run for the first time in 3 weeks last week to move it to another street and back for street cleaning, it started up fine.

I've gotten really into motorcycles and have no use for a mustang anymore, I don't need 2 fair weather toys. I would like to sell it quick to pay some bills, buy some bike parts and pay for upcoming vacations this summer so no reasonable offer will be refused.

If you want to get more details on it I can be PM'd or reached on my cell phone at 847-922-7317.

Thread Info