Cobra Stuff for sale..

mustangmike2003

Regular
Nov 24, 2005
yournamehear119 said:
hmmm would a 99 with almost 70k benefit from an 03/04 cam swap?? if so i would be interested in the cam, springs, and retainers...

Not worth your time. I know the 01 cobra intake cams are better then the 03/04 intake cams. Seen gains as much as 20hp just from the intake came. All 03-04 cams are the same no matter what DOHC motor they come from. Maybe even 05's too. Im not sure if the 99 has the same cams as an 01...I think they do though so you wont benifit from the swap, might even loose power.

VenomInside

Just Grazing
Jul 16, 2004
SAC/DEN/SFO/CHI/SEA/PDX
willsmysticcobra said:
dude i`ll take the 99 cobra exhaust.....tell me when I can pick it up. hahah btw I saw you on touhy ave pulling into the rosemont minimall there by the steak and shake. I was in a blue cavalier prolly lookin at you oddly lol.

That was u! I was like wtf is this guy looking at..i work down by touhy and busse.. lol

BlownVenom01

Addict
Mar 19, 2006
ya, but i have 70k on my motor and plan on throwing in forged internals this summer, but i was gonna keep the stock cams to try and save 2000 dollars. If i can pick up some relatively new cams, springs, and retainers for cheap, is that all that pointless? I think low mileage 04 is better than high mileage 99 parts. Anyone have some advice?

Thread Info