WTS: '01 Chevy Malibu LS

Purchased last spring with 73,000 miles on it.

"leather"
All power options
Ice cold instant AC and super hot heat!
78,xxx, mostly hwy miles. I drove to and from Carbondale a lot, and the last owner commuted to Chicago for work.
Sun roof.
All Wheel ABS
Premium CD player with cassette
Premium Wheels
Rear Spoiler
60/40 fold down seats to extend the already spacious trunk area.
3100 V6 with MPR Cold Air Intake with Inverted Cone filter.
Yokohama Avid TRZ Tires with < 2000 miles on them ($400 tires) Road Hazard protection and 70k mile warranty included
30% tint all around done by All Star Tint. with lifetime warranty.
Ceramic brakes with lifetime warranty.
Interstate Battery < 2 years old.

Will be replacing spark plugs and wires in the next few weeks, not really needed
Will be doing an MMO Piston soak when I get around to it.
Oil was changed at 77,000 miles.
Car will be detailed before sale.
There's a dent in the rear quarter panel that I'm getting taken care of next paycheck.

I have a partial service history including receipts from last owner for 70k mile checkup.
new belts, trans fluid flushed, etc.

25-29mpg in mixed driving on hwy 38.
32-33mpg 360 miles to and from Carbondale Illinois
It's not a Honda as far as fuel economy goes, but for ride comfort combined with moderate fuel consumption it's a perfect commuter car.

I've never been able to afford to beat on this car, so she's had a good easy life. Perfect for highway cruising on the TRZs. little road noise and they absorb pitted roads with ease, perfect for Rockford.

I'm looking for around $5000 for it. Blue book is ~$5200

Trades + cash considered.

sale1.JPG

sale2.JPG

sale3.JPG

axe9

Jun 9, 2008
Rochelle, Illinois
Real Name
Benjamin
I guess I'm open to trades, but I do need to get some cash to pay off balance of loan. Would depend on the trade I guess :)

I'm looking for something good for long commutes and great on gas. Hondas are okay, Saturns are nice, Mazdas, etc.

I'd absolutely love you forever if you found me a Miata hard top!

I'll grab the VIN in the morning.

Last edited:

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
90 integra gs. about 200k on the body, 100k on the motor. brand new koni yellow shocks, H&R race springs, dc sports headers/dp. magnaflow hiflow cat, magnaflow catback.

5spd manual , CAI, i think it has an atermarket clutch? it was installed with the car. not 100% on that.

only problem is when u redline it ull get a little tiny puff of blue smoke. but only when u redline it!

Thread Info

• A
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list