1997 Saleen #121, Great Deal!!!

1997 Saleen #121, Deep Violet Metallic, Gray Leather Interior, 52,000 miles, 5 speed. Power Windows, Locks, Power Drivers Seat, Mach 460 Sound System. Everything works like new on the interior. Probably 8 out of 10 on Interior, Leather is nice, back seat looks almost never used.

I am the 3rd owner. According to Liz Saleen this is the only Gray Interior Deep Violet Car ever made, only 13 Deep Violet cars were ever made.

The car and myself are in Chicago.

Saleen Factory options: Chrome wheel option, 3.55 Rear Gear

Modifications all within last 500 miles:
Steeda Aluminum Rear Lower Control Arms ($300)
Cobra 13-inch front brakes (Brembo Rotors) ($400)
Baer 13-inch rear rotor conversion, at this time two new Ford Rear Calipers were installed ($400)
UPR X-pipe with cats ($275)
FR500 Steering Wheel ($180)
New Saleen Floor Mats
Brand New Original Chrome Saleen wheels and Pirellis ($2,000)

Overall this car is mechanically perfect as I can tell. It leaks nothing and runs perfect. About one year ago, the coolant was completely flushed with Ford Gold, which has a 5-year life including new upper and lower radiator hoses. Synthetic trans fluid was put in. For the last 10,000 miles or so I have had it, I ran Mobil One Synthetic. Car had an axle seal replaced as well within the last year, which resulted in new synthetic fluid in rear as well. With the brake upgrades noted above a complete fluid flush was done with Motul fluid.

The history of the car is that I found it on E-Bay about 2.5 years ago. It did not have the original wheels, and had some decals in the wrong place. This prompted speculation, and without my knowledge the car was a legend on the forums already over authentic debates. Of course a simple check showed it was real. What I have been able to learn from talking to other Saleen people who looked at the car and the guy I bought it from who turned out to be a local dealer. The 2nd owner bought the car for her 16-year-old daughter. She decided it sat too low and hence sold the Saleen wheels and replaced them with 16-inch standard Mustang GT wheels with higher profile tires.

Apparently the passenger side fender had some sort of damage during her short ownership stint. This prompted fender replacement and a respray of the entire passenger side of car, which of course prompted painting bumper covers as they wrap around the side. All panels were removed when painted so work is done very well. This is why the bumper number was not on the car (it is now). There was no structural damage but the deep violet metallic is a difficult color to match and hence the respray of the side. Unless you knew you wouldn’t even know.

This is a beautiful looking Saleen (7out 10 body, could be 8 if I wasn't so lazy), it has a few scratches here and there as a 8 year old car would. 9 of 10 mechanically as I have replaced or upgraded all worn or tired items but it is used. Undercarriage is rust free.

I don’t want to bargain, my Bottom price is $9000. Given over $3500 recently spent on tires, mods, and wheels this seems more than fair to me. Heck without the recent work it would be a great deal. I am working on getting some pics as don’t have a digital camera, but I have tried to describe it to the best of my abilities and not hide a thing.

Here's a black one that looks identical:

http://www.bradbowling.com/display/?image=235&theme=bradbowling

Here's the actual color:
http://www.mustang50magazine.com/featuredvehicles/95678/

Thread Info

Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list