Trade my Saleen for your 5.0 Fox and a little cash

What I have:
1997 Saleen #121

Car is all original without original Saleen wheels which were sold by previous owner. Currently has 2003 Cobra AFS replicas in average shape with new Kuhmo's with about 5000 miles. Car is non-supercharged so figure stock 1997 GT performance in acceleration with a little more due to Saleen optional 3.55 Gears, K&N, and Borla.

Car is Deep Violet Metallic which is a rare color for 96 and 97 Mustangs in General. There are only 19 Saleens ever in this color if I remember. This is the only one with a Gray interior if that stuff matters to you. Its a great color that looks purple to blue, to black depending on lighting.

Car had some cosmetic paint work from previous owner, no structure damage. Near as I can tell, front passenger fender got dented. Due to difficult paint matching, whole side of car was sprayed which also involved front and rear bumper covers since they wrap around the side. Excellent work, and I think it works out great since that whole side of the car then got new decals and 60% of car is new paint.

Car has 55K on it, all stock as it left Saleen meaning, big front sway bar and urethane bushings (just replaced), Saleen Springs, Bilstein Shocks, 3.55 gears, floor mats, gauges, etc. I know of nothing mechanically wrong. Just had left rear axle seal replaced due to slow leak. Eveything works perfectly. Drivers side seat blows fuse once in a while, I haven't got around to fixing that. Gray Leather in good shape, no tears, car has rear seat delete kit in now but I have rear seat which looks like it was never really used.

Oh yeah, Maximum Motorsport subframe connectors welded on by Sutton HP.

You can confirm originality through Saleen or in the Saleen Registry, I am the third owner. This car turns a lot of heads and gets compliments everywhere I go, mechanically I'd give it a 9 of 10 as I know of nothing wrong, but it is used, body 7 of 10, excellent 5 foot car, a good detail (I am lazy) would make it an 8/9 of 10, interior 8 of 10 with no tears and all functional everything including windows, locks, A/C, Heat, lumbar support. Car is fully optioned.

What I want from you:

A clean driver 5.0, 5 speed, mods okay but not looking for a race car. Prefer LX body style but will consider the right GT. Nice body and chassis. My car realistically would sell for about $12G on Ebay based on what I see, but I am willing to let her go for your clean 5.0 and $3,000.00

This is an excellent opportunity for someone wanting to step into a newer car with only 55K!!!, not even broken in for a modular. I don't drive daily and want a new toy. I have told you all I know and have nothing to hide. This car with a supercharger would be the stuff, looks, handling, acceleration and one rare car.

Flyin03

Banned
Aug 4, 2004
I have a 1993 Lx Mustang. However it is a 347 stroker with a T-trim supercharger. The car has a built everything. Over 20k invested. Body is MINT. Interior is also MINT. The car is automatic. A Built AOD is in the car. However it was originally a 5 speed car and the pedal and stuff is still in the car. It can be converted, however it is faster as an auto. Auto is always faster. This car is very loud, very fast, and VERY CLEAN. Car is black.
Motor and blower have under 1k miles. You can call me at 847-553-5279

Flyin03

Banned
Aug 4, 2004
97Saleen#122 said:
Thanks buddy, sounds like a great car but a little more built than what I am looking for. I also road race and auto cross so stick is imortant to me.

I am thinking say a low 13 second type car, some suspension upgrades. The basics I guess.

Well, I would be able to drop in a 302 with a 5 speed...however a deal would have to be finalized before I did that....The car is MINT.....Wont find one cleaner.

97Saleen#122

Mar 11, 2004
This is intriguing to me. Tell me Is it a hatckback or notch? What is the suspension like, do things like the A/C work? Does it have a full interior?

I totally understand a deal would need to be worked out first. Here is kinda the car I would be after: Sort of a Saleen modified fox type. By that I mean, not an all out race car, a nicely upgraded car that does farily well on the street and is reliable and very livable.

A clean chassis and body, could be original or nice restoration.

Mild street suspension, usual control arms, caster camber, lowered a bit with some decent shocks and tires. 302 with heads, mild cam, intake, say in the 300HP range.

Basically I recreational road race a couple times a year and more of a Sunday cruiser drive it aggresive on the street type car, so a car that is to race just doesn't really suit my needs. I live downtown in a Condo with a parking space but no room to work anymore so relaibility is important to me.

I am going to look at a few car tomorrow morning, do you think the above sounds like something we could do with this car? The 347 with blower might work if it is tuned well for livability and not drag times????? Thoughts, ideas?

PETSNKE

DRIVEN
Mar 13, 2004
97Saleen#122 said:
What I have:
1997 Saleen #121
Car is Deep Violet Metallic which is a rare color for 96 and 97 Mustangs in General. There are only 19 Saleens ever in this color if I remember. This is the only one with a Gray interior if that stuff matters to you.

You'll do much better selling your car outright, then go after the fox body you're after. Saleen's have a huge following. For instance, a guy here at work picked up a '87 Saleen a few years ago from a private seller for $2100. He replaced a radiator, serpentine belt, clutch cable, and touched up the paint. Some guy from St.Charles came in and offered him $4800 over the phone the first day he had it listed on Autotrader. He should have held out for more, but he took the cash the next day.

97Saleen#122

Mar 11, 2004
one of the problems of late model saleens that are not S351's or some very rare one, is that Saleen values are a victim of their own success, there are a lot of used ones out there right now with limited buyers.

unless you have a super low mile or rare one, it is tough. according to NADA my car is worth $19,000 retail but i know it would never sell at anyting over $13-14 if you could find the buyer.

look on ebay, i can get a 2001 with good mileage for $19.

Flyin03

Banned
Aug 4, 2004
10th03cobra said:
I got a 93 vert that could use that 347 and blower if you swap.

Well....the car has best of the best of everything....car has no a/c.....however it has brand new carpet. brand new seats....when i say this car is perfect.....i mean PERFECT....in better shape than my 03 cobra....MINT MINT MINT!!!!!!

How much would you offer for my motor and blower....considering its a 15k deal new....I'm not looking for something close to that....but you know what I'm saying.

I will call you(saleen) over the weekend to work things out....yes the car has new control arms shocks springs....pretty much every suspension part has been replaced. I have your number..Ill keep in touch.

The Pun

OG CSVT Guy
TCG Premium
Apr 12, 2004
How much would you offer for my motor and blower....considering its a 15k deal new....I'm not looking for something close to that....but you know what I'm saying.

If Saleen does not want the 347 and blower contact me with details of the motor and blower. I could trade for my stocker out of my 93 plus cash if you want a stocker for your car to sell it.

Flyin03

Banned
Aug 4, 2004
10th03cobra said:

If Saleen does not want the 347 and blower contact me with details of the motor and blower. I could trade for my stocker out of my 93 plus cash if you want a stocker for your car to sell it.
Well, he doesnt want the motor...he wants something more streetable....I have a couple motors laying around so that's not a problem.....however...make an offer on the motor and blower setup.

Thread Info