BMW 318 Drivetrain

For sale I have the full drive train out of a 1997 BMW 318i

Motor is obviously a M44B19, and it has a solid 5 speed behind it (good clutch, no grinds, etc)

The setup is still IN the car, and running/driving/shifting, it will be coming out of the car in the next 3-4 weeks, but I figure this gives a potential buyer a chance to actually test drive the drive train before it comes out. The drive train has about 140K on it, runs/shifts perfect.

I bought the whole car to use for a SBF ford swap with the impression that the car had a blown headgasket (overheating). Turns out to be a major coolant leak from an upper hose, so I will repair that to confirm that the motor is still OK prior to anyone purchasing it. If it is still overheating once the leak is repaired, I will change the price accordingly.

I'm asking $1000 for the full kit and kaboodle (Engine, Transmission, Clutch, flywheel, Slave cylinder, Radiator, and ECU). I'm seeing the 1.9 motors alone are going for around $800-1100 on Ebay.

Located in Warrenville IL 60555.

you can reach me here or at [email protected]

I know it's a long shot posting it on here, so tell your friends :jg:

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
I wasnt aware you had a Green 4 door Bimmer. Reason that I asked, I was scoping a 318 on CL that needed a t-stat ( so he thought). Just wondering if this was the one...I drug my feet and lost the sale.

I have a build thread with it, so I was "not sure if serious"

Yes, this was the green 97 318 that was floating around on Craigslist in a "Must sell tomorrow" type style.

His ad didn't make much sense, but essentially he was under the impression that all it needed was a T-stat, but when I picked up the car it had a MASSIVE coolant leak from the top of the motor somewhere, found it to be a cracked/leaking hose. I will replace the hose in about 2 weeks and make sure it doesn't overheat any more before I pull it.

http://www.thechicagogarage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=58401

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
d5a70fe7.jpg

64f15d4b.jpg

bfdb6bd6.jpg

Thread Info

• Dasfinc
    Created
    Replies