1997-2003 Grand Prix black headlights and HID

The black headlights and HIDs have been in the car for a total of four moths and I’m getting rid of them because I recently bought the new projector headlights and I don’t plan on running HIDs.

I'm selling them together for $185.

The black headlights were $130 new plus $45 shipping from Motorsports Blvd. on Ebay, and the HIDs were $120 new from the WbodyStore with negligible shipping costs, nothing like the standard Ebay “bend over” shipping.

I absolutely loved how they looked on the car, especially with the 4300K hid plug and play kit, which requires no wiring or splicing. Everything plugs in with the factory headlight harness, all you have to do is mount the ballasts, which I did on the bumper support with double-sided tape. The 4300K looks like a factory color and there is no yellow like some say. They look blue in the pictures but on the road they shine a bright white with a hint of blue.

The light output isn’t the greatest with the black headlights and HIDs. It’s a much debated topic at ClubGP on how to make the output better. A couple of guys have come up with solutions but I never did enough research to try anything -- I was lazy with these because I knew I was going to buy the projectors.

I did seal these up before I installed them and there’s only one corner that gets condensation. If you buy these, you may want to reseal them or research condensation prevention techniques – laziness prevails again on my part. The corners scrath easily and there are a few scratches on them, but not the main headlight capsules; those are flawless. Also, I would recommend using the factory brackets because the supplied ones didn’t fit that well.

I’d like to get rid of these as a pair and without having to ship them. If no one bites locally I’m going to put them up on the national boards at ClubGP.

rimwash034resize.jpg

rimwash037resize.jpg

rimwash033resize.jpg

rimwash029resize.jpg

blackisbetter023resize.jpg

blackisbetter021resize.jpg

blackisbetter019resize.jpg

blackisbetter017resize.jpg

HIDs026resize.jpg

HIDs024resize.jpg

HIDs025resize.jpg

As they currently sit:

cruise022resize.jpg

cruise024resize.jpg

cruise025resize.jpg

cruise026resize.jpg

cruise027resize.jpg

cruise028resize.jpg

cruise029resize.jpg

cruise030resize.jpg

cruise031resize.jpg

cruise032resize.jpg

cruise033resize.jpg

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
thread relevance not found dan..

BRU.. damn man.. if i still had my GTP id be all over this.... Shoot my brother a PM.. he might want them

Panda usually comes through thread crapping, he wasn't on the ball today, so I figured I'd go ahead and take care of it for him :wink:

GL with the sale, I'll let my GP buddies in town here know about them.

Thread Info