1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9 Limited

1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9 Limited

Up for sale is a 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9 Limited. I am selling this Jeep for my mother. She has been driving it for a while now. This Jeep is a tank, last winter we had a huge blizzard here in Chicago were we had 2 feet of snow. The Grand Cherokee blew through it without any issues. This Jeep has all the comforts of home inside. Heated leather seats with memory function. CD and cassette with the infinity gold sound system, Power windows, doors locks, keyless entry, sunroof, 4x4, auto trans, cruise, front and rear delay wipers, Alloy wheels, trip computer with compass, information center, auto climate control. All the accessories work on this jeep as well.

The Jeep is Charcoal black metallic in color with dark gray leather interior. It does have some scratches and minor door dings. But overall it is in great condition it is not a brand new Jeep. It is also rust free and has been garage kept. This is a very rare Jeep Grand Cherokee most people here probably know this already. It is the 5.9 limited model rated at 245 hp and 345ftl/bs of torque. It was one of the most powerful and quickest suv’s ever built. It wasn’t until the SRT8 Grand Cherokee came out in 2006 was the 5.9 limited’s performance surpassed. This Jeep is a blast to drive if i could convince the wife to let me have another Jeep i would buy this off my parents. I love driving this thing. The 5.9 pulls like a freight train and makes passing and merging onto the expressway effort less. For people who know what a 5.9 Limited is they know how rare and desirable this model is.

Over the years we have kept up on the jeep and kept it in good shape. While my mother’s commute to work is only a mile and a half away the vehicle needed to be reliable and not leave her on the side of the road ever. She also has taken it to Wisconsin and Minnesota for training programs for schooling over the years.

Here is a list of recent repairs made to the jeep.
OE Mopar Radiator (Nov. 2010) Trans cooler ruptured and damaged the transmission.
Transmission rebuilt (Nov. 2010)
Upper Radiator hose and thermostat(Nov. 2010)
Serp belt, belt tensioner, idler pulley (march 2011)
High pressure Power steering line (March 2011)
Valve cover gaskets (March 2011)
Shocks (June 2009)
4 Mesa AP All Terrain tires (June 2009)
Interstate Battery (Oct. 2010)
Rebuilt D44 Rear end all bearings including both axle bearings(May 2011)
AC Accumulator (March 2011)
AC Evaporator (June 2009)
Intake Gaskets(Jan 2009)
Front Brakes (May 2011)
Rear Brakes (May 2011)
Parking brake shoes and hardware (May 2011)
All fluids changed yearly (coolant/both diffs/trans/transfer case)
Synthetic oil every oil change since we have owned it

This Jeep has been so great to us over the years that my Mother has decided she will only drive Grand Cherokee’s from here on out and is replacing it with another Grand Cherokee. We are looking for $5000 obo. This is a steal of a price for a 5.9 Limited in this nice of condition. If you have any questions please feel free to ask. You can PM me here but my pm box fills up quick so either post in the thread or feel free to email me at [email protected].

jeep5.jpg

jeep.jpg

jeep2.jpg

jeep3.jpg

jeep4.jpg

jeep6.jpg

jeep7.jpg

jeep8.jpg

jeep9.jpg

jeep10.jpg

jeep11.jpg

jeep12.jpg

jeep13.jpg

jeep14.jpg

jeepinterior.jpg

jeepdash.jpg

jeepinterior2.jpg

jeepinterior3.jpg

jeepinterior4.jpg

jeepinterior5.jpg

jeepinterior6.jpg

jeepinterior7.jpg

jeepinterior8.jpg

jeepinterior9.jpg

jeepinterior10.jpg

jeepinterior12.jpg

jeepinterior11.jpg

jeepengine3.jpg

jeepengine2.jpg

jeepengine.jpg

Last edited:

FlyinGTP

Regular
Apr 25, 2008
Elk Grove
Still available? Do these things tow well?

Yep I still have it. They tow great for a vehicle of this size. I wouldn't try and tow a 25 ft enclosed trailer with it but a medium size boat and lighter car trailers would be no big deal for it. They have plenty of power and are prewired for an electronic brake controller. We have never towed anything larger then quads and jet skis with it since we have a few silverados in the family that handled the larger stuff. It does have a class 3 hitch on it with a 7 way connector on the back. It is also a factory tow package jeep.

Let me know if you want to come see it.

Thread Info

• F
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list