Nitto 555r tires mounted on polished Grand Prix rims

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought these used in the beginning of winter and never even ran them on the car. It was an impulse buy, and while putting the summer rims on the car today I realized that I've got way too much clutter in the garage. These are low on the priority list and I would like to get rid of them.

The previous owner took them to the track two times and put around 10 passes on them each time. He said that there are no street miles on the tires. One tire does have less thread than the other.

I paid $200 for them and also got a third polished rim but with no tire. The two rims with tires as well as the third rim are included in the selling price: $150.

Shoot me a PM or post up in this thread if you're interested.

rimwash028resize.jpg

rimwash027resize.jpg

rimwash026resize.jpg

rimwash023resize.jpg

rimwash022resize.jpg

rimwash011resize.jpg

rimwash012resize.jpg

rimwash014resize.jpg

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
i ran these on my gtp...great street tire too. work surprisingly well in the rain..i had them on my car until october when i actualled owned them

FastKatt

3800 Tuner
Oct 21, 2007
Cleveland, TN
Real Name
Billy Wheeler
Too bad they are 15's,
Those of us with the F-body brakes can't even think about it...

EDIT:
What's with the site taking my posts and wrapping them up into 1 long line of text? I have to type < ...br... > to say it the way I want...

Last edited:

CamaroSS

Banned
May 23, 2007
I realize that, but handling with them isnt as good as a street tire and they dont last nearly as long.

how can it not be better, its a softer rubber meaning better traction, you should be able to handle alot better with them on there. had them on my car until november or december this last year and once they were warmed up just a bit, they gripped just as good as any street tire even in the cold. the rain, they work good in also, you cant expect them to hook up perfectly in the rain of course, but they dont make the car slide off the road.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
how can it not be better, its a softer rubber meaning better traction, you should be able to handle alot better with them on there. had them on my car until november or december this last year and once they were warmed up just a bit, they gripped just as good as any street tire even in the cold. the rain, they work good in also, you cant expect them to hook up perfectly in the rain of course, but they dont make the car slide off the road.

I was told the soft sidewall is bad for turning hard.

CamaroSS

Banned
May 23, 2007
I was told the soft sidewall is bad for turning hard.

i really dont think youve taken a turn hard enough to worry about that, you have to literally yank the wheel into a uncontrollable spin, if thats how you take turns, then they arent for you, but if you drive like 99.99% of america, they will do nothing but help you for traction

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thread Info