99 WS6 Transam Low Miles Great condition

Status
Not open for further replies.
99 BLK WS6 Transam 6.0 CAM/STALL/GEAR LOWERED PRICE

EDITED ACCORDINGLY: New Price, change in car, and adding full listing

Alright between paying for school and now with these oh so awesome gas prices here in illinois I am going to have to part with my baby, something I never thought I would do.
99 Black WS6. Fully optioned car that basically was ordered top of the line other than moving up to a firehawk. Still have the original window sticker and I am the second owner. Bought the car with 9k miles, now is at 39,XXX….I would say about 3k on the new motor, never seen snow and garage kept its entire life.
The car now needs some motor work which is why I have officially decided to get rid of it as being in school I cannot afford to fix it and I really need reliable transportation. I will touch upon all of that later but first the GOOD!!
Mods are as follows...

-6.0 Ironblock installed this past summer with brand new ls2 internals. About 3k miles since the install and oil changed at 500, 1000, and 2000 with royal purple only
- it is about 10:1 compression at the moment.
-G5x3 cam with dual gold springs and hardened pushrods
-Vigilante 4k stall
-Motive 3.73 gear
-Eibach drag launch springs on front, stock springs in back
-Slp double roller timing chain and slp heavy duty oil pump installed with new shortblock
-Stainless longtube headers and y pipe into borlamouth exhaust
-Adj panhard bar, spohn LCA's and relocation brackets
-All the small supporting stuff like 160 deg. thermo and B&M supercooler
-SVO 42lb greentop injectors
-Currently sitting on basically brand new nitto rubber that arent even a year old and have maybe 2000 miles on them. 555's up front and 555r drag radials in the rear.
Also have a fitted california car cover I will include and believe I have some other stuff sitting around.

The car has the normal scratches any 12 year old car would. Noticeable ones are scratches on the rear wing as well as driver front quarter which is barely noticeable. Has a crack in the rear bumper from some asshole who hit me when it was parked at work and apparently didn’t think it was worth the courtesy to leave information. The interior is in great condition no rips or tears anywhere. No longer has the front license plate cover.
NOW THE BAD –
1. The car began to burn an unusual amount of oil this past summer so I took it into the shop that has done every aftermarket modification including the new motor setup. It was determined that the #7 cylinder needs new piston rings and this was why the car was burning oil. It still runs and drives perfectly fine just smokes a bit out of the exhaust.
The day it was found what was wrong I drove it from the shop too home, filled the tires as well as put in fuel stabilizer, put the cover on and the car has not been driven since. I do not mess around when it comes to problems and took no chances driving it. It has been started a couple of times since just to make sure there were no problems. I would not have a problem with taking a buyer on a short drive to show it does work and still perform.
2. Currently the driver side window is out of its track. It still goes up and down however it seems to slide forward and back within the door. When I took it apart the piece holding it into the track was broken and I did not have the means to fix it so I simply left it up since. I PLAN TO HAVE THIS FIXED in the coming weeks so it will not be a problem for the buyer. If the buyer wishes to do it themselves or have it done I can adjust the price a 100 bucks or so to offset it.
3. The Seat belt loop on the driver headrest snapped off when someone getting out pulled the strap the wrong way. AGAIN I AM GOING TO REPLACE THIS! I am going to buy a new one off ebay and either replace it myself if I have time or include it in the purchase as no extra. It is a simple fix, and again will probably be done.

The car had all of its work done by Ted and Mike at Benchmark Tuning as well as the dyno tuning with the new motor setup. The car put down in the neighborhood of 380whp and 450lb of tq BEFORE I installed the 42lb injectors. The car maxed out the stock injectors on the dyno and should now be putting down right at, if not over, 400whp. I am going to look around and try and find the dyno sheets from before the injectors or see if they have them saved and I’ll post them up. I can vouch that it blows the tires off from any stoplight from idle. The car ran consistent low 12.1’s and I believe a 12.0 when it was the stock motor with a smaller cam. I have not been back to the track since but I am absolutely sure it is good for mid to high 12’s and would be monstrous with some nitrous.

Car is super clean and I honestly get comments on it everywhere I go as to how clean and nice looking it is for a 12 year old car. Most comments are don’t ever let that thing go or hold on to it for ever, too bad life has a different idea.

Starting price = 13,000 Obo. I understand it needs work done and has a modded motor, that is why it says OBO! I will not just give this away though.
Open to Trades but not equal value....I am looking to pick up a Bike and a daily driver that way I still have something fun and also a way to get to work and school and drive in winter. Throw them out there, just no busa’s zx14’s,….1k’s are ok and anything else I would be willing to consider it.

If you have an offer throw it out there, worst I can say is no.

Pm me with any questions or offers, this is connected to my email so response should be relatively quickly. Car is located about 10 minutes from O’hare.

Thanks for looking,
Charlie

Here are pictures, some are from last summer some a bit older. I am going to pull her out and give her a good wash and clean since its been under the cover for so long and take some new ones, just want to try and find someone with a decent camera to show how clean it is, and my phone camera is not going to suffice.

002.jpg

001.jpg

168.jpg

018.jpg

Scratches on the rear wing

016.jpg

Here are two pictures taken at RSD to show how much the drag launch springs helped weight transfer....and yes it did make 275 M/T DR's wrinkle :D

normal_RSD-7-31-09-030.jpg

normal_RSD-7-31-09-031.jpg

Last edited:

NitemareZX

Formerly NITEMARE T/A
Mar 29, 2011
Car is an auto

Blew the motor last summer, we believe the timing chain might have snapped but not exactly sure.(Possibly one of the worst nights in my life....such a bad feeling) Put in a new shortblock with brand new internals and cam and went to a double roller timing chain and highflow oil pump to be safe this time.

Price too high for todays market? Havent gotten any interest anywhere really. It is obo for a reason and would be happy to send people interested more info.

T

The Beast

Car is an auto

Blew the motor last summer, we believe the timing chain might have snapped but not exactly sure.(Possibly one of the worst nights in my life....such a bad feeling) Put in a new shortblock with brand new internals and cam and went to a double roller timing chain and highflow oil pump to be safe this time.

Price too high for todays market? Havent gotten any interest anywhere really. It is obo for a reason and would be happy to send people interested more info.
Sounds like a nice ws6. Lower the price to your rock bottom price and see if you can get some interest. Post it on autotrader and cars.com and I've had great success selling a few ws6's I've owned.

T

The Beast

Way too high man, as you said (it is 12 years old). Sorry, but fbody's don't hold 55% of their value after 12 years.

I sold my 2001 WS6 for almost $15k last year august with only 45k sixspeed cam, weiland intake, slp headers slp dumps, dana60 rearend with 4.10's and was super clean and barely had action on it till I decided to spend money and advertise it on autotrader.com. I hope this helps you price your ws6 more aggresively.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
My friend just bought (a few weeks ago) a 02 Black/Black M6 WS6 with 50K for $12,000 private party. It has full bolt-ons and is pretty clean.

Its obvious in this thread that you are looking into how to price the car so I don't believe I am thread crapping. Id say if you listed it for say 10K it would get alot more interest. 16K is just waiting all summer for a moron to come by. Now I haven't personally seen this car, if its in show car condition, you probably get more. If its a average fbody that's the price.

I have learned if you price shit right it will sell, and it will sell fast. My dad had this 01 I30 with 100K. He told me to post it on clist for $4500 so I did at about 6:30AM. By 8AM he had like 10 calls on the car, by 10AM it he had money in his hand and it was gone. Blue book was like 6K.

NitemareZX

Formerly NITEMARE T/A
Mar 29, 2011
Appreciate the feedback guys like I said I was open to opinions on price and the 16k was my own long shot in the dark since I havent payed much attention to the market lately.

I think i'll try autotrader and cars.com and adjust the price some to see if it spurs more interest.

Wessel sent you a PM as well.

wombat

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Sep 29, 2007
WI
I know charlie has low posts but I can vouch for him. Went to high school with him and have cruised with his ta with him. Clean car and he's willing to work something out with a serious buyer.

NitemareZX

Formerly NITEMARE T/A
Mar 29, 2011
I know charlie has low posts but I can vouch for him. Went to high school with him and have cruised with his ta with him. Clean car and he's willing to work something out with a serious buyer.

Appreciate it nick! Lets get this thing sold to someone who can get her back on the street and I can get back out there with you guys, just on two wheels!!!

OBO :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thread Info