2004 Turbo Grand Prix GTP Comp G - 82,000 miles - $10,000

Year: 2004
Make/ Model: Pontiac Grand Prix
Trim: GTP/ Comp G
Mileage: 82,000
Color: Black Exterior, Black Interior, Black Cobra Wheels, Black tints (There's a theme here!)

Price: $10,000 (as it sits)

The car is a 2004 Grand Prix. It is fully optioned and is in great condition. I'd say it's a 9 out 10 condition wise. There are some minor scratches on the rear bumper cover, one dimple (1/2" long) on the rear left door and some wear on the left bolster of the driver's seat. Other than that, it's gravy.

This car would make a ridiculously awesome DD. It's making 400 crank HP almost on the button (399.6 calculated). It's a blast to drive as it sits but would be even more fun if you modded it further. It's set up to be modded further as well (60lb injectors). I wanted it to be fast and quiet so I left the stock exhaust on it. So the car is quiet (other than when the turbo spools) and is fast but not at all discernible from a stock Comp G as far as sound goes. This is the type of modded car a married guy could buy without fear that his wife would ever think it's modified! Put a real exhaust on it, maybe some powerlogs, and you'll easily bump it up to 400whp.

What does the car need right now? Nothing. The transmission is firm, the car doesn't burn anything or drip anything that I can see and overall it drives great. If you're content with the power where it is, there are a few things I'd add to make the car perfect. It wants front control arms. The stockers are on there now and it shows. I'll probably end up putting these on in the next few weeks if it doesn't sell. Other than that, I'd lower it a bit. The stock Comp G struts are still surprisingly fine. In fact, they're downright hard. I can't believe they sold the car with a suspension this firm. Anyhow, the struts don't need to be changed. To me, control arms, lowering springs and new bushings all around (for good measure) would make this car perfect.

Features:
  • Navigation - Pioneer but dual DIN so it looks stock.
  • Leather
  • Moonroof
  • Bluetooth
  • iPod Integration
  • Heated Seats

Aesthetic:
  • 17" Black Cobra Rims with 255 Tires
  • HIDs in new headlight capsules
  • HID Fogs
  • GXP Exhaust Tips
  • Tinted Windows
  • LED Tail Lights - The red ones.

Performance:
  • 12" F Body Brakes
  • Z3 Intercooled Turbo Kit (unless you want the original prototype we had on the car) I pulled the prototype a few years ago to have it made and put the Z3 on there because I liked the way the car drove with the turbo.
  • Supporting Mods - Larger MAF, 60lb Injectors.
  • L26 Intake w/ an HVIII Insert (What can I say? It works and I figure if they can use my supercharger tensioner I can use their intake insert!)
  • Aeroforce gauge installed in the driver's side air vent (looks stock)
  • Built transmission with 300M input shaft, 15/16ths chain drive and all the other stuff.

I'm not in a rush to sell the car. I don't need to sell it. I'll be driving it and modding it this summer unless it sells. I eventually want to get a 911 and there's no way that will happen if the Grand Prix is in the garage. I'll be added our performance control arms and a larger exhaust and rockers if nobody bites soon. The price will reflect these changes but as the car sits, $10,000 takes it.

If you want it, great. If not, I still love her. I've got no problem staring at it in the garage every day and still love to drive it so if I don't get my price I'll probably hold onto it until a Porsche pops up that I just need to have.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Where are the pics?
I'll grab some today you grumpy old photo nazi.

In for my SHO and cash on my end?
I'm looking to clear out my cache so I can get the 911.

3.29's or 2.93's?
Good question. I'll have to check the file but I'm 90% certain I put 3.29s back in.

Pretty damn nice sounding. Pics for sure. u live north of chitown Mike?
Yessir. Arlington Heights.

So once you sell this you will be GP and SHO free? WTF has hell frozen over?
Scary thought, isn't it?!

SaturdaysGS

TCG Elite Member
Jul 15, 2007
Chicago (Southside)
compg is 3.29 tap

you should lol...bout time you got one thats been beat on and still thrivin and not a pain in the ass like yours :rofl:

I know right?! damn cursed car.. mainly I was wondering since he went turbo and with a built trans that he might of went with the lower gearing. :riski:

I'm gonna see what I can do, I'd rather pick his up then even put anymore money into mine other than just putting a few odds n ends in and tossing mine on craigslist.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
The key to tapshift is pretending like it's not there. It eats up the bands... To my knowledge there's no way around that. I think I used it once when I first got the car. Other than that, I'll use it to hold a gear in traffic so the car isn't constantly shifting but nothing where power is being applied.

SaturdaysGS

TCG Elite Member
Jul 15, 2007
Chicago (Southside)
The key to tapshift is pretending like it's not there. It eats up the bands... To my knowledge there's no way around that. I think I used it once when I first got the car. Other than that, I'll use it to hold a gear in traffic so the car isn't constantly shifting but nothing where power is being applied.

Thats basically what I heard as well. Probably why something went pop in my trans (the first time) and all I had left was tapshift to get me home and by then no more forward.

Wheres the best place to contact you, Mike?

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Thats basically what I heard as well. Probably why something went pop in my trans (the first time) and all I had left was tapshift to get me home and by then no more forward.

Wheres the best place to contact you, Mike?
Right now it's [email protected]. The site emails are being bombarded right now. I can barely keep up with them so you'll probably get buried there or get 1 or 2 answers a day.

SaturdaysGS

TCG Elite Member
Jul 15, 2007
Chicago (Southside)
Join the turbo club nick!

Damn straight. Nick buy this.

Looking at the funds situation right now, I hope to. John, you can take her for a spin if I do :bigthumb:

I just remember driving Charles' turbo'ed 04, that was FUN, to say the least. All he said was "drive it how you want, its your license".

Thread Info