FS 2000 Ranger 4X4

I now live less than a mile from the train, will be working from home soon, and REALLY have no need to for 2 pickup trucks, So its time for this truck to go.

I bought this truck specifically for winter back in October of last year, put quite a bit of money into it before the season to make sure it was ready, and it has proven to be nothing short of fantastic for the bad weather.

Its a Green 2000 Ranger Supercab with 156K miles.

The trucks options are:
"Off Road" Package (4X4, tow hooks up front, fogs, 245/75/16s, skidplates under the front, the trans, and the gas tank, HD 3.73 diffs)
step bars
drop in bed liner
leather tonnue bed cover
Heavy duty hitch with 4 and 7 pin power
electric 4X4 (this is a late model year 2000 which means it has the permanently locked front hubs, and a revised Diff known for being problem free)
Fog lights
Charcoal interior with center console (rather unusual/rare in rangers)
Suicide rear doors (not all super cabs are 4 doors, just most)
4.0 OHV V-6
5R55E Transmission (5 speed auto)
"Premium Audio" (Cassette and CD player in the headunit)

I've replaced the following since I bought it:
Plugs, Wires, Coilpack, front endlinks, catalytic converter, CPS Spindle, front brake pads and rotors, front driver side wheel bearing, Transmission Flush with Merc V, Synth oil (Changed as of 2/3/2010) and a rusty exhaust flange.

The truck needs nothing, no CEL's, I would not hesitate to drive this cross country.

Everything behaves as it should as far as Heat/AC/Stereo/4X4/Etc.

Things 'wrong' with it.

Crack on driver side bed-flare, only real 'visual' blemish on the truck, could use front tires before next winter.

*Only pics I have from before winter, truck is filthy in the pics, but cleans up nicely*

Truck KBB Private Party is something stupid like $6800,

$4000 Firm. (this is about a grand and a half cheaper than I have found a comparable truck anywhere else.)

I can be reached at [email protected] as I check that more often than these forums.

ba8da27a.jpg

ec568c0d.jpg

8ece6d22.jpg

bf9dcd61.jpg

Last edited:

Angus

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 12, 2007
HHI, SC

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
he said 'heads up' which I think he may have meant 'straight up'...

but if he did want to trade for a 99+ GT vert, he would probably need to put down some cash too.

99-00 GT's book out about the same as the ranger, 6-7K KBB, but obviously condition plays big roles in trading etc, so if one rolled around that was seriously worth more, I would put money down.

It has half the miles of my truck, and is at a dealer, so 8K is no surprise.

a 01 ranger with that many miles like mine sells for 8-9 at a dealer as well.

Craigslist they are going for 5-7K With about 100K on the clock, rangers like mine are going for 5-7K as well.

Angus

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 12, 2007
HHI, SC
99-00 GT's book out about the same as the ranger, 6-7K KBB, but obviously condition plays big roles in trading etc, so if one rolled around that was seriously worth more, I would put money down.

It has half the miles of my truck, and is at a dealer, so 8K is no surprise.

a 01 ranger with that many miles like mine sells for 8-9 at a dealer as well.

Craigslist they are going for 5-7K With about 100K on the clock, rangers like mine are going for 5-7K as well.

Why are you asking $4,600 then?

Well whatever, good luck with sale/trade.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Why are you asking $4,600 then?

Well whatever, good luck with sale/trade.

Because I'm not going to sell it on these boards for anything more than that?

Truck is worth $5500+ on autotrader, but I would have no problem selling it to a member for far cheaper. The orange truck is going to be back together next weekend, and I'll be back to having no need for a pair of trucks.

Greasy must still be on Vacation, Lol.

Thread Info