Feeler for my Regal

I'm thinking its about time to replace the wife's car now that she's commuting more than 50 miles a day. I loved the size and performance of the car but we now have seperate Summer toys and we seldom take more then the two of us anywhere. I'm thinking a new Camry, Sonata, Altima, etc...

1999 Buick Regal GS
105K miles, Supercharged 3800
Monotone Silver, grey leather (no cracks), Power sunroof w/shade
Every option except heated seats & Power Passenger Seat

2nd owner since 2001 @ 18K miles, (It was 1st purchased at the beginning of 2000) Heated Garage Kept, no rust, dents or accidents.

This was my daily driver until 2006 when I gave it to my wife who drove it since. Most of the modifications have been on the car for the past 60-70K miles without a problem at all. I meticulously maintain this car with oil (always Castro Synthetic) and transmission fluid changes, radiator flushing, tune ups and all. I love this car but now with the wife driving 50+ miles a day for work, I think it’s time to get something more economical. (She refused to take the tollway so 2/3 of her driving is on city and country roads; with that she gets about 24mpg. (It’ll get 28-30 cruising at 70mph on an expressway.) The car was seriously never abused. Every mod was in support of the next and they all work together flawlessly. The car itself iss too comfortable to thrash on the street when I drive it and the wife drives like my Grandmother!

Running the 3” exhaust, 104 octane fuel and the 3.2 pulley, the car ran mid to high 13’s on all season tires. I have all of the parts to put the car back to 100% stock.(Cat, emblems, manifolds, rockers, pulley and all.) Further, the transmission was rebuilt along with getting a new factory torque converter and differential due to the “forward” piston design failure from the factory; it now runs forged pistons instead of the crap cast ones. This car would take a family across the country and back in comfort and without any issues.

Drivetrain Mods:
CAI, MPS, (3.4 & 3.2 pullies) 1.8:1 Comp Roller Rockers w/LSX spring upgrade, heat tape wrapped ported manifolds and custom 3” downpipe w/o converter, (O2 sim installed) Stock exhaust installed plus custom 3” exhaust, DHP tuned, Transmission cooler, shift kit, 17” custom rims with new Faulken Zeix512’s for Summer and Blizzaks mounted on the factory 16” chrome rims for the Winter, KYB2 struts all around, GMPP sway bar kit front & back. There have been a lot of little things done to the car like GSX badging,(I have the stock emblems) silverstars and more.

I would be selling it with EVERYTHING including an LS1M scan PDA!

I’m thinking of asking $6500 obo…does that sound too high for an “Auto-Trader” ad for this car? I'd probably list it on a web-site for $5900 firm. ('ish)

This is the latest picture of the car from last Fall with the new rims and tires on it:
Regal%20Rims%202.jpg

Theautoguy

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2007
Machesney Park, IL
I can't do much until I get a year into my new job in April so there's a few months to go. I can say that there may be others out there with more mods but this car is moded perfectly for a daily driver and done right. It's also been maintained without consideration of cost and it has slept in a heated garage the whole time I've owned it...which means it still gets washed once a week in the winter; this car is clean for a vehicle 1/3 its age.

Thread Info

• Theautoguy
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list