So I have a Gran National...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's the problem. I don't want a Gran National. They're swell cars and everything but I already have a turbo 3800 and don't need any new projects. A buddy was in a bind so I bought it off of him but I really don't want the car, so...

No pictures yet but it's an 86', intercooled and moderately modified. I know it has a larger turbo, it has a dump, was told it had an engine rebuild and was done .005 over but I've got nothing to verify that... Also was told it has a cam but it's got a tame idle so if it does have a cam, it's mild. I know it has a locker, built trans (I believe it has a transbrake), linelock, Weld wheels with slicks/ skinnies (both are dryrotted and need replacing), etc. The body has 147,000 on it.

The car was repainted 10 years ago and they didn't use the highest quality paint. The car has been sitting outside for the last two years so that paint is now all like Mortal Combat "finish him!" style. The car needs to be repainted. The good news is that there's an absolute minimum of rust. There's one a small blotch of rust in one place. This is not a rotted out car buy any stretch of the imagination. If you're looking for a rust-free project this is it.

Does it run? Of course it does! I'd have the fluids swapped out before flogging it but it runs great and shifts great. Mechanically I would say the only thing it needs is new fluids all around and a new set of tires.

Interior is in ok shape. Tears on the seats but overall it's not bad. The passenger side window doesn't seal, apparently common on this body. It has the worlds largest sunroof and it also has the digital climate control which I guess was kind of rare.

I don't want this car. I have no interested in taking on another project. All I want for the car is $4000, non-negotiable. If I can't get $4000 out of it I'll just keep it and stick it in the garage for future fun.

So if you're looking for a GN, drop me a line!

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
I won't have pics up until Friday. It's nasty out today otherwise I would have done it.

I'd almost prefer to have someone come look at it because it looks deceivingly good in pictures.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
So I went to go get it today. There's good news and a little bad news. The good news is that the paint isn't as bad as I made it out to be. The roof, hood and trunk are the worst but the sides are actually pretty good. The interior isn't bad but it's not great. I'd call it a 6 out of 10. The original seats are clean but starting to tear.

So the car is in better shape then I stated. The bad news is that the car sprung a small gas leak just above the axle. It looks like a fitting came loose. You can see exactly where it's coming from and it looks like a simple fix. It's dark now so I can't take pictures but I will give you this:

gn.jpg

I'll be cleaning it up tomorrow and taking better pictures.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
damn... that shit looks cleaner than mine. wtf.
I really tried over-exaggerating the bad... Now that several people are looking at it and are having me look it over, I'm seeing that it's really in better shape than most other than some superficial cosmetic issues. If the first few people to look at it don't buy it I'll probably just end up keeping it. My wife will love that.

I went to clean off the snow today and take some pictures but ended up turning the car into an ice cube instead. So pictures will have to wait and if someone ends up buying it tomorrow, they might not actually ever get taken (by me at least).

Stay tuned!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thread Info