317 heads

asking $200, I'll post pics up later.

They are fully assembled, as they came off the 6.0 I bought. They have about 36k on them

DSCN0933.JPG

DSCN0937.JPG

DSCN0934.JPG

DSCN0938.JPG

DSCN0940.JPG

Last edited:

32vMonte

Car is broke
Dec 3, 2008
THese are really good for turbo set ups aren't they? Will this bring my compression down on a ls1 or up?

Also I seen a truck just like yours about a month ago turning onto rt. 30 headed east coming from rt. 41 going north. It was the same color and sounded nasty. It had no bumpers but I thought I seen a intercooler. So maybe it wasn't you but identical truck and it was cammed.

Smokinhot

3-man rules!!!!
Jul 4, 2007
Lansing, IL
Real Name
IM me if you wanna know more ;)
THese are really good for turbo set ups aren't they? Will this bring my compression down on a ls1 or up?

Also I seen a truck just like yours about a month ago turning onto rt. 30 headed east coming from rt. 41 going north. It was the same color and sounded nasty. It had no bumpers but I thought I seen a intercooler. So maybe it wasn't you but identical truck and it was cammed.

lol, it may have been. there aren't many cammed trucks that i've seen around these parts. where are you out of?

they would lower the compression. Essentially they are 243 heads (ls6/ls2) with a larger combustion chamber.

^what he said

yes, they are perfect for boosted apps. 243's have 64cc chambers while these have 72cc ones. I wanted the boosted comp for my setup.

32vMonte

Car is broke
Dec 3, 2008
lol, it may have been. there aren't many cammed trucks that i've seen around these parts. where are you out of?

^what he said

yes, they are perfect for boosted apps. 243's have 64cc chambers while these have 72cc ones. I wanted the boosted comp for my setup.

I'm in Merrillville IN

And does anyone know what kind of power ppl have put down with these and a turbo. On a stock cube ls1. I thought I had seen something like a forged motor with these he was making 800+ with these heads. Maybe not tho.

Also will all my ls1 stuff bolt up to these? Like rockers and my valve springs with out anything special?

Thanks

Smokinhot

3-man rules!!!!
Jul 4, 2007
Lansing, IL
Real Name
cool, then you might have seen me around.

Its all mostly interchangeable, and these heads will some head work are VERY capable of handling that power. I'd say its capable for atleast 450-600 laid down to the wheels on a stock cube block. Most on the truck guys I've seen run them w/their Maggies and Turbo setups.

your rockers and springs will work on these as well, thats the cool thing about the LS motors

32vMonte

Car is broke
Dec 3, 2008
I thought so. Eagle runs these heads too. What kinda numbers did he make at what boost level?

Also one more question, would it be worth it to switch to these on a turbo build on a ls1? Or can i get good numbers out of my 241's? I believe they are. These are so cheap I may just buy them if they give me a little more power.

I guess I just have a million questions but the ls6 intake and victor jr. inerchange with this correct? I'm 99.9% sure they do but I am not positive.

Smokinhot

3-man rules!!!!
Jul 4, 2007
Lansing, IL
Real Name
I thought so. Eagle runs these heads too. What kinda numbers did he make at what boost level?

Also one more question, would it be worth it to switch to these on a turbo build on a ls1? Or can i get good numbers out of my 241's? I believe they are. These are so cheap I may just buy them if they give me a little more power.

I guess I just have a million questions but the ls6 intake and victor jr. inerchange with this correct? I'm 99.9% sure they do but I am not positive.

I believe he put down 64x or 69x with these haeds at like 6lbs or 7lbs of boost but i'm not 100% sure. You would get MUCH better numbers with these than your 241's b/c you can run more boost bc of the bigger chambers. Yep both of those intakes work and so do the FAST intakes ;)

Oh damn I just realized the mileage thats pretty low

Yep :) I would clean them up but thats just me, lol.

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
I put down 643/673 @ 13psi on 93 octane. I'm not running stock pistons either though... so make sure you do your SCR calcs before you commit to these heads. They are FI/boost heads, nothing else. 241 heads will not drop your compression far enough to be safe in most cases if you're going to push anything close to significant boost levels... so yea, 317s would be great if you're going to boost it up.

LS6 intake works fine with 317s, I run one myself.

HTH

32vMonte

Car is broke
Dec 3, 2008
How can I figure out what my CR will be with these. My motor is stock I'm gonna see how much boost it will take then throw a forged 408 or something in there.

What head gaskets would I use MLS for an ls1. I know MLS gaskets hold boost better but have seen ppl use stock gm steel ones too.

Thread Info