2000 VW Golf For Sale

My GF is selling her 2000 Golf that has recently come into some mechanical issues that she wasn't prepared to take on. I figured we could try putting it up on here and seeing if someone who's savvy with VW's might be interested in a bit of a fix-up job for an otherwise great car.

Specs:
4 door hatchback
89,000 Miles
Automatic transmission
Color: Black
Power Moon roof
Heated front seats
Full spare, unused
Brakes were recently replaced (not sure of time frame specifics, will edit later)

Sorry if those are trivial things, but figured I'd list them nonetheless.

Things that are wrong:
Transmission - It's been diagnosed as needing a new valve body, it has a 'lurching' effect when shifting from 2nd to 3rd gear.

Power Steering - It has a leak, unfortunately it hasn't been properly diagnosed so it could be anything from a hose issue to needing a new pump.

Other than those 2 things, the car is in great condition and has been consistently maintained, these things just happened to occur fairly close to each other and was a bit overwhelming. The body has a few scratches here and there, but nothing out of the ordinary for a 10 year old car.

Pics

Price
KBB says about 2400, so I'm just going to throw a number out there at 2000 OBO.

PM if interested, or if anyone has suggestions feel free to chime in.

Phreakazoid

Wallsticks, motherfucker
Dec 5, 2007
How much did he quote you to fix the valve body?
Whats the lowest lowball offer you would take?
I got a few freinds/associates that are relatively poor ($8 per hour ppl) that are looking for wheels.

Alright, so even though she's still being stubborn and stupid, my parents are bitching about the car being in their driveway since it can't really go anywhere at the moment.

Just so i can present her some options, if your friends are still interested at all, what kind of offer would they be willing to make?

Also, it's been sitting in the driveway so long I think the battery is dead, so it might need a new battery too :(. Tried to jump it and it was a no-go, but it's an older battery.

Thread Info