FS: 2006 MazdaSpeed 6 Sport

Hey everyone,

Looking into getting myself an 04-05 White STi, but first, trying to sell what I've got privately before I get spanked for trade in at a dealership.

My name's Tony Berkshire
I live in Sycamore, IL [ 60 miles straight West of Chicago ]
If you could please contact me via email it'd be greatly appreciated.
My email is [email protected]

I'm selling my 2006 MazdaSpeed 6 Sport, Metallic Gray
I've got less than 37000 miles on the car
I'm looking to get $18,000 out of this car, but I'm asking $16,500 OBO
I still owe $12,xxx on my loan.

The Good:

Obviously one major plus to this car, is that it's got fairly low miles for the year. I bought the car when it had 21,101 on the odometer.

It's got the 2.3L MZR DISI turbo motor from Mazda [ same as first generation MazdaSpeed 3 ]

It's AWD which is a definite plus, and there are a lot of luxuries to the car from the factory

Auto up/down for all four windows

Key fob feature to roll all windows down while holding unlock button

5% rear window tints, 35% up front

Eibach Pro Kit lowering springs

ProSport mechanical boost gauge [ red, white, or orange LED backlight ]

3" Catless downpipe

2.5" Axleback exhaust

The Bad:

Original motor blew 3,000 miles after I purchased the car, previous owner beat the piss out of it and I was unaware. Threw a rod clear through the block, attempted to get it replaced under warranty, Mazda wasn't having it, said I abused the car. Went out of pocket $5,000 to get the motor replaced and labor to do so. Got the motor back, and power steering pump fried [ Famous MazdaSpeed issue ], was given a turbo that smokes [ Another famous MazdaSpeed issue ], and second gear synchros are now gone [ Yet ANOTHER famous Mazda issue ]. If all these issues were fixed, I would ask $18,500 OBO for the car, but I don't have the money to go out and buy the parts necessary to fix them

To fix the smoking turbo, it's a $30 seal that you have to take the turbo off the car, and replace faulty seal on turbo, re-install, done

Power Steering Pump, fairly straight forward, get a new PSP, replace old. $250 at most

Second gear synchros issue. Get a transmission rebuild kit. Unsure of the price on this, but I can't imagine it being more than $300 to do it yourself. Mazda wants $4k for new transmission, I laughed at the service tech.

Front bumper could use replacement bolts to ensure correct fitment. The shop that replaced my motor should not have a business license at all. Lost most of these bolts. < $10 at local hardware store.

I would fix the issues with the car, and get an AccessPort with a dyno tune on it, but a recent job opening fell through and until I get a new one, I'd like to get rid of the car.

I'm up for offers, but please don't lowball me too bad, I've lost enough money on this car. Trying to cut some losses.

Again, I'm asking $16,500 OBO and need to pay off my loan of $12k

Please email me if you have any questions, offers, etc. Thank you guys!!

[email protected]

Tony

tony275

Farfegnugen
Apr 20, 2010
Sycamore, IL
car2.jpg

car1.jpg

car3.jpg

If you'd like interior pics / other pics please let me know.

I've been to the track twice with this car. It's run a 14.08 at 96 MPH with a 60' time of 1.88. With a tune on the current setup, this car will run 13.5 at ~105 MPH

Thread Info

• tony275
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list