FS 2002 Chrysler Sebring LX Convertible, $1500

For sale I have a 2002 Chrysler Sebring LX Convertible.

*I am listing this for a friend who is in a tight spot, I am just the person that found that it spun its bearing, I do not own this car, but I will happily setup a showing for it*

The car has 116K on it, and is White in color with a black top. The body has no notable damage, and its only visual imperfections are a few assorted small scuffs and rockchips.

It has grey cloth interior, power windows, factory stereo, everything works as far as the doors/locks/windows is concerned.

Car has the 2.7 V-6, and an automatic transmission. Transmission shifts smoothly, and the trans fluid appears to be in good color/health.

Tires are BRAND NEW
The motor just spun its #1 rod bearing, The oil pan and oil pickup has been dropped to confirm this, motor either needs a rebuild, or replacement.

Car is not drivable, but is KBB $3800 in 'good' shape. Toss a junkyard motor in the car for a few hundred dollars and sell it for a few grand, I don't have time to fix it myself.

You can reach me at 630-857-6625, Do not call to ask my bottom dollar, and please do not call after 10PM. I will post pictures when I take them later on today or tomorrow.

He will also trade for a running car of similar value.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
photo-3.jpg

photo2-1.jpg

photo1-2.jpg

Angus

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 12, 2007
HHI, SC
Toss a junkyard motor in the car for a few hundred dollars and sell it for a few grand, I don't have time to fix it myself.

2.7 engines are not readily available... Prices for working motors are jacked sky-high b/c of the demand. And a lot of 2.7's don't last very long...

Oh, and usually if these motors spin a bearing (which is often), the valves have usually met the piston... (The low oil pressure creates slack in the timing chain)

glws, but also a buyer should beware.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
2.7 engines are not readily available... Prices for working motors are jacked sky-high b/c of the demand. And a lot of 2.7's don't last very long...

Oh, and usually if these motors spin a bearing (which is often), the valves have usually met the piston... (The low oil pressure creates slack in the timing chain)

glws, but also a buyer should beware.

It ran flawlessly honestly, even with the rod knock *no smoke, idled smooth, was just making a loud-ass tapping sound*

I also wish him the best of luck, I'm just trying to give him a hand :(

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
I agree, but disagree with the 'toss a motor in for a few hundo' comment. Just my experience a bit ago with the same situation...
Man... You're not even kidding. The cheapest motor I can find for that car is $1700. That turns it into a $3000 car after the motor swap and basically eliminates and "deal" you'd be getting. That kind of sucks. A blown motor really makes the car almost worthless.

Why not try scrapping it on eBay?

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Aurora You-Pull-It sells motors for $290 regardless of what it is out of... They also offer warranties on their motors for like 30 days or w/e.

The 2.7's are not cheap when they are rebuilt, or pulled and sold out of a car explicitly because of being hard to find. You find one at a you-pull it yard thats been hit your odds of getting a cheap/good motor are pretty high IMO. *This is how I bought my V-8 for my ranger, Off-set frontal collision explorer with 84K on the clock, runs like a champ*

But I may be moving soon, and do not have time/space to take on this project :(, Also, IMO it would be ideal to snag it, fix it over winter, sell it in spring for Maximum margin honestly.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
dasfinc you should stop posting piece of shit cars for sale.

*I am listing this for a friend who is in a tight spot, I am just the person that found that it spun its bearing, I do not own this car, but I will happily setup a showing for it*

I'd love to see how you treat your friends fuck face.

If you are interested in My Friends Sebring Stay out of the thread please.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
i know its for a friend but its still a pos. now im done.

I could understand your original post if:

A) I was selling it
B) I was calling it minty, or clean
C) I did this frequently enough to warrant concern/hate.
D) I made any kind of claim that it is/was repairable as it sits

But Forum rules even state:
No:
* THREAD CRAPPING - Respect the OP in each thread. OP's, if you act ridiculously, you will be treated as such by other TCG members resulting in moderator staff stepping in as they feel necessary.
* BASHING/FLAMING - Don't harass people, your posts/threads will be deleted. Having fun with people is one thing, but

So your post was COMPLETELY unwarranted, and unneeded.

The car is a POS because the motor is done, he has a newborn daughter and works 2 jobs, he is in a bad way something fierce and just needs wheels again.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
im sorry for your friend but saying something like a few hundred bucks will fix it then two people call you out on it is wrong. I mean good luck to you and your buddy with the sale but I just dont get it sometimes.

http://www.auroraupullit.com/

$290 for a motor if you pull it out, $440 if they pull it. Doesn't matter what make/model/trim.

I have found it rare to find the best deals on USED OEM autoparts online, almost always find the best when you are knee-deep in the junk yards.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
im rarely on my knees.

Figure of speech :pedobear:

If someone wanted to rebuild this motor, I do not think it would be that hard either if you have the tools/experiance. I drove it to his house from his work with the knock, idled smooth, I suspect the heads are still good. (If it was me, I'd just toss a new motor in it because I'm unfamiliar with the engine, but just saying)

Thread Info