Rims and Tires for Grand Prix or Mustang

255/45/17 Tires and rims for Grand Prix or Mustang.

New Price, $200 Firm. I have them at a nearby junkyard and this is what I have them consigned for.

The rims are Exel MIMI 17x7 finished in gun metal with a polished lip.
The tires are 255/45/17 Kumho Ecsta RSX. They are each show about the same wear and have another good summer or two of decent driving left in them.

These tires and rims came off a newer Grand Prix and fit my 99' Regal perfectly. They will also fit SN95 Mustangs too. They have a dual bolt pattern, I believe they are 5x115 and 5x120. I have the security lugnuts for them too.

The big problem with them is the polished lips have all acquired oxidation marks as a result of being stored in plastic backs just after a snow where they laid salt out on the road. Unfortunately, there was salt residue still on the rims before being put in the bags and by Spring...oxidation!

There is one rim with a little curb rash. Other than that, if you feel ambitious, the lip and or rim can be stripped and recleared or powder coated and they would look beautiful. As it is, from 10 feet, they just end up looking dirty on the lip.

Tires-Rims%20001.JPG

Tires-Rims%20002.JPG

Tires-Rims%20003.JPG

Tires-Rims%20004.JPG

Tires-Rims%20005.JPG

There is some curb rash on one rim.

Tires-Rims%20006.JPG

A different view of the same curb rash.

Tires-Rims%20007.JPG

This isn't curb rash, its more oxidation on the clear coat.

Tires-Rims%20008.JPG

This is the worst rim with oxidation.

Tires-Rims%20009.JPG

More of that same rim...

Tires-Rims%20008.JPG

...and one more section of that same rim.

Tires-Rims%20009.JPG

Tires-Rims%20010.JPG

Tires-Rims%20011.JPG

Tires-Rims%20012.JPG

Tires-Rims%20013.JPG

Tires-Rims%20014.JPG

Tires-Rims%20015.JPG

Tires-Rims%20016.JPG

Last edited:

Theautoguy

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2007
Machesney Park, IL
I have a couple questions first how much tire tread is left any uneven tread wear? Do they all hold air? Also I have my stock torque stars interested in trades? If not still let me know I am very interested.

They all hold air and the treadwear is even. There should be a good summer left in them but I would not drive them through the winter. As for any trades with the torque thrust, I'm sorry but I now have the Summer rims I wanted for my Regal.

For the price, they really are a steal!

If they aren't gone in a week or two they are going on Craigslist.

Thread Info