4 Blizzak WS60 winter tires 225/60/16 -- $250

Status
Not open for further replies.
$250

I ran these for two winters on the stock Grand Prix rims. Not sure of the miles but I mostly used to car for trips to and from the train station during the week, a 5 mile round trip. I recently sold my summer setup and purchased all seasons for the stockers so these have got to go. I had no complaints with these tire's winter performance; they kicked ass.

From Bridgestone:

The Blizzak WS60 features a dual-compound tread with Bridgestone's silica-enhanced Tube Multicell compound layered on top of a standard winter compound. The Tube Multicell compound is comprised of thousands of microscopic tubes and cells (which resemble the consistency of Swiss cheese when examined through a microscope) that wick away the water that often forms between the tire's contact patch and the surface of snow-packed and icy roads. This flexible tread rubber compound improves the tire's grip, allowing the biting edges to adhere to the surface with less interference. The bite particles attached to the tubes of the Multicell compound with a special coating, bite into the surface of packed snow and ice to provide extra gripping action. The pores and tubes are uniformly distributed throughout the compound and are constantly being exposed around the tread as the tire wears. This unique tread compound is molded into a directional tread design that features independent tread blocks with 3-D zigzag sipes to disperse water away from the tire's contact patch, further enhancing grip. The result is enhanced hydroplaning resistance and greater driving and braking force on snow-covered and icy roads. Featuring Bridgestone's UNI-T Technology, the Blizzak WS60's internal structure includes twin steel belts reinforced by spirally wound nylon to provide the desired high-speed durability and ride characteristics.

When the Blizzak WS60 is 50-percent worn, a tread depth indicator molded into the tread design lets the driver know that only 10 percent of the remaining tread is the Tube Multicell compound.

You can clearly see the wear marker in one of the pictures and that there's still a ton of life left in the winter compound.

4589376884_656635d7da_b.jpg

4588758629_e511cd9092_b.jpg

4589376232_1a8653e44a_b.jpg

4588761627_42efcaface_b.jpg

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
I hear ya. It's the wrong season to sell winter tires when everyone wants to spend dough buying go fast parts, but it's also a good time to buy stuff like this on the cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thread Info