97 Explorer XLT V-8 AWD

I have a 1997 blue explorer XLT V-8 AWD, with grey CLOTH, nearly MINT interior. Truck runs FLAWLESS, Leaks nothing, Does not smoke, etc, etc, no dash lights are on.

148,XXX on the clock

Has sunroof, all power windows work, has gutter guards, and HID headlight bulbs *not true HIDs, but bright as hell* as well as fogs. Brand new Bosch Icon wiper blades.

Has factory headunit with CD changer in armrest, fuse is blown currently and missing CD magazine, I have a spare changer and magazine I will be including with the sale, I should be able to get the headunit working again (it had an aftermarket system in it, and still has all the wiring for a sub and amp into the rear with VERY thick wire.)

Has a slight exhaust leak *front donut header gasket, the entire exhaust system is still cherry on the truck*

needs some touch-up paint on the driver side rear door, and tail gate *looks like it was keyed at some point, and covered up*

only noteable rust is on the pass side rear rocker,and a small bit starting on the lip of the driver side wheel well. the rest of the truck is very clean.

Has brand new radiator, and front pads/rotors, and a bunch of other nick-nacks *Previous owner worked for a car parts store*

Has tow package and full hitch! These guys are rated to tow 6000 or 7000lbs!!! Plenty for a car and trailer!

630-857-6625, My name is Dan, Truck is located in warrenville IL 60555.

$2300 obo.

025.jpg

018.jpg

016.jpg

019-1.jpg

020-1.jpg

021-1.jpg

014.jpg

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Is it your goal to own every exploder ford ever rolled off the assembly line? :D GL with the sale!

I parted out a 96 waaay late last year for the motor for my ranger, selling off the parts from it has been going WAAAAAY slower than I had hoped.

TY, The truck pulls like a freight train, and the interior is in nice shape for the year. The sunroof/powereverything is mighty nice also.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Why not fix the exhaust too? Then it's only issue is a bit of rust?

Anyways I see this going quickly and good luk with it Dan

The exhaust is not hard to fix, but I have a gutted ranger with a V-8 half way into it in my garage, rather not work in the cold.

And yes, its only real issue is a bit of rust and could use some fresh touch-up paint, it has a 1 foot tall by 2 foot long area on the rear driver side door that was re-painted with like house paint... not sure why, but honestly, the truck pulls like a freight train.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
what's wrong with the suspension? it's got a gangster lean going.

The driver side looked like it was leaning from the pics when I first saw it too, but in person I do not see any lean straight on from the back or front.

I just replaced the front left tire/rim, and some trim on the back driver side as well, so that may have had some impact on the appearance, but in all honesty, it looks level and drives nice.

If it weren't for the crappy paint touch ups on the rear driver side door and the bit of rust it does have I'd be asking far more for it.

This would be a great tow rig for someone for CHEAP.

Thread Info