Dan's Bi-Annual DD Sell-off: 1997 Explorer Sport

For those who've watched what I sell, and how I sell, you probably realize that my DD's I put alot of money into to make nice, and then get bored, or find something new and sell them off opposed to the 'beaters' that I invest minimally into.

With my ranger nearing completion, I have no need for a pair of 2 door trucks, and am looking for something new to putter around in, so I'm selling my 1997 explorer sport:

The truck has 111K on it, Original everything. I purchased it off its ORIGINAL owner last fall with 106K on it needing a lower intake manifold gasket. Truck is from Florida, and it shows being 100% rust free except for one panel.

It is white on grey interior, 5 speed, 2wd with the D41 axle code rear 3.73's, 31 spline, disk rear. has a Clarion 6 CD changer wired to the stock cassette head unit, truck has power mirrors/windows/locks/PS/AC, all works *Haven't tried the A/C Since I bought the truck though*

The work thats been put into the truck:

Clutch was replaced 5K before I purchased it, I've done the lower/upper intake manifold gaskets, CPS, plugs, wires, oil change, and coolant change.

Suspension is all in great shape, no odd rattles/creaks/pops, 4.0 OHV motor pulls strong and are notorious for lasting 200K+, 5 speed shifts smooth, no slips or grinds.

Truck needs nothing, could use a new front driver side fender due to the rust it has developed *shown in pic* and is easily replaceable. Truck currently has CEL for random mis due to plug(s), We ran seafoam through the intake and gastank, and after that it tossed the code, so I assume I've fowled a plug. I do not feel any mis, but I'm not going to lie about what the CEL says :dunno:

Asking $2300 for it, Very rare find in the midwest, and would be AMAZING for a V-8 conversion if someone was interested in that kinda thing, being atorsion sprung front end, it would be a bolt-in swap unlike my ranger.

*when it was nicer outside*

PIC_0291.jpg

024.jpg
*U can see the odd rust spot on the front fender*

019.jpg

020.jpg

022.jpg

023.jpg

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Why not fix the misfire? It is going to lower what you get for it if you don't...

Hard to fix anything in the cold :(. The ranger is torn apart in the garage, so I have no space to work on anything else. If I take a $100-200 hit in price for $30 in parts, I'm cool with that, I just don't have a way to address it right now.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
always liked that style of the explorer.

GL w/ sale.

Ty, I picked it up because it was a really good find *1 owner, low miles, FL* and was not a fan of the body style originally, and it grew on me honestly, there is very little this truck can't do, but its just stupid of me to have a pair of 2 door trucks honestly.

Thread Info

• Dasfinc
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list