1997 BMW 318I - M3 Clone

This is a 1997 BMW 318I. It was built externally to look like a M3 of the same year. This consists of M3 suspension parts(lowered 2 inches). M3 body panels,rims and badges. This car has 190k miles on it. But trust me do not let that scare you. I drive this car every day and it drives great and has never let me down. Car still gets 25-30 mpg. The exterior of the car I would rate at a 7 or 8 for the year. Paint is in excellent shape with few dings and dents here and there. But nothing major. Interior also is in great shape. Below are Items I have replaced and anything I can think about the car. Looking to get $4500 obo.

Additional Photos
http://wamconsultinggroup.com/BMW/

New
Front Rotors
Front Pads
Repaired Climate Control
Clutch replaced by previous owner
Suspension updated by previous owner and lowered
New secondary Air Pump
New secondary air pump valve
Recent tune-up

Issues
Small dings
small groove in leather on drivers side bolster (see photos its not bad at all.)
Air bag light is on. Had this checked at BMW mechanic. It is a bad sensor in the seat belt holster. I have the replacement part and goes with the car.

fron.jpg

side2.jpg

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
If i could make a living of selling used cars I would. But unfortunately I just work for the man in corporate America. But I like to swap cars every couple months just to keep some sort of interest going.

Just a bit of input... When asking $4500 for a 2 year old car with 190,000 miles, you should correct the SES light... the visual stuff really does not increase the value, KBB is OPTIMISTIC and says its worth 2665 in EXCELLENT condition.

bimmer4life

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Feb 18, 2008
Wheaton, Illinois
Thanks for the input. Not sure where I stated the SES light is on. But maybe you think the SES and airbag lights are the same . They however are not. As for price it is what it is. I am not forced to sell the car. And anyone that sees the car in person may agree or disagree with asking price. But Ill leave it at that.

Just a bit of input... When asking $4500 for a 2 year old car with 190,000 miles, you should correct the SES light... the visual stuff really does not increase the value, KBB is OPTIMISTIC and says its worth 2665 in EXCELLENT condition.

bimmer4life

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Feb 18, 2008
Wheaton, Illinois
Well I dont sell shit boxes. I don't put any faith in KB for certain cars. I would never let this car go for anywhere near $2600. This is to nice of a car with lots of work in it. Will I get 4500 I highly doubt it. But I had to start with a price around what I have in it. If I have to go down a $1000 to sell it so be it. Anything less and I will just keep the car. I don't buy these cars from auction and try and make a 2 fold profit. Unfortunately I don't have those skills. I have more in the Expedition I have listed then I am even asking.Am I trying to recoup the costs. Hardly. But I am in no way trying to scam anyone. The cars are what they are.

I don't try to sell my cars for Twice KBB, and I know my cars are shitboxes, thats why I sell them cheap as dirt.

bikrboy128

Some say.....
TCG Premium
Jul 15, 2007
Wheaton
I don't try to sell my cars for Twice KBB, and I know my cars are shitboxes, thats why I sell them cheap as dirt.

you tried selling your beat up 96 ford taurus with 175k miles on it for $2600. now you're going to tell this guy he can't sell a very clean looking BMW for anymore than you wanted for your taurus?
give me a break.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Seriously, it is obnoxious and it's like the 3rd time I've seen you do it. Every time I see one of your veiled remarks made under the guise of trying to help someone sell their car I just want to stab myself. You post up pictures of dirty cars using cell phone pics and you're telling people how to sell their cars?

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
you tried selling your beat up 96 ford taurus with 175k miles on it for $2600. now you're going to tell this guy he can't sell a very clean looking BMW for anymore than you wanted for your taurus?
give me a break.

Taurus KBB was $3400, Not $500.

Seriously, it is obnoxious and it's like the 3rd time I've seen you do it. Every time I see one of your veiled remarks made under the guise of trying to help someone sell their car I just want to stab myself. You post up pictures of dirty cars using cell phone pics and you're telling people how to sell their cars?

I have only a cell phone camera, I use what I have available, craigslist pictures are like 3X3 anyways, so its really pretty irrelevant at the end of the day. It is a very clean car, but I'd rather buy a 1997 BMW 318 with less than half the miles for half the price than an M3 clone, My input was simply that he will not recoupe that kind of coin, and that it'd be wise to lower the asking price, he even just came on here and said he'd take far less.

Regardless, the BMW is a clean car, Goodluck to the seller.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
The car is worth what someone will pay for it and KBB is often wrong. That's why I just picked up my SHO for $1800 when there's a $4500 KBB value sheet in the trunk and why the OP can probably get more than KBB for his car.

The point is, just keep it to yourself. It's not completely out of line and your comments add absolutely nothing of value to the thread. If you MUST offer your input then simply PM him.

Watching you give advise on selling a car is like watching a virgin offer advise on picking up chicks... :)

bimmer4life

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Feb 18, 2008
Wheaton, Illinois
Taurus KBB was $3400, Not $500.

I have only a cell phone camera, I use what I have available, craigslist pictures are like 3X3 anyways, so its really pretty irrelevant at the end of the day. It is a very clean car, but I'd rather buy a 1997 BMW 318 with less than half the miles for half the price than an M3 clone, My input was simply that he will not recoupe that kind of coin, and that it'd be wise to lower the asking price, he even just came on here and said he'd take far less.

Regardless, the BMW is a clean car, Goodluck to the seller.

The reason I mentioned dropping the price is because I do have a solid offer on the car at $3400. This is already way above KBB. But I feel its worth a little more. I like the car and will keep if necessary. I just figured I would see what type of offer was out there. Thanks for the Good luck.

Thread Info