SBC 406 For Sale!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have my SBC 406 That I need to get rid of, I wanted to keep it around as a back up, but I got laid off and it has to go.
Here are the specs.
Motor
True 509 Block
New Freeze plugs
400 30 over
Cola Crank
Pink rods
TRW flat top pistons with valve reliefs
Clevite bearings
Double roller timing chain
Lunati Hydraulic flat tappet camshaft. RPM 2500-6500 Adv.Duration 300/300 Lift 525 Lobe Angle 108 Deg.
Brand new Auminum Brodix Spec 2 heads, fully ported and polished
New valves,springs,locks retainers keepers, valve seals.
Performer Edelbrock RPM intake
Moroso deep pan with trap doors
Flex plate
Comp Cams Rocker arm studs
Chromoly hardened pushrods
Comp cams lifters
Crank pulley
Fuel Block Off plate
Compression ratio is 11:5.1
Stroke is 3.750
$3000 firm.

The motor will be everything from intake to pan, No valve covers.
The car saw a best time last spring of 11.65@117MPH. That is with my 91 Camaro weighing full weight(3522 with me in it), stock suspension,springs shocks from 1991. Stock 10 bolt rear with a stock gear, and a 2400 convertor. With a gear, suspension, and a larger convertor in a car at the same weight, you could see low 11's on motor. The motor was also built to handle N20.
There are currently about 5,000 miles on the engine since it was put together. The motor has seen 5 track passes.

The engine was put together in 05 thru Opel in Streamwood Il.

The only thing the motor needs is a new intake manifold gasket.

Throw some exhaust,ignition,valve covers and your ready to run.

Any questions please call 224-520-3157

DSCN1356.jpg

DSCN1357.jpg

DSCN1358.jpg

DSCN1360.jpg

DSCN1361.jpg

DSCN1363.jpg

Last edited:

Runtz52

Runs like a turtle with downs syndrome
Oct 7, 2008
Manhattan
looks like that motor can do some work, what did it put down if u dont mind me asking, i would be interested in this motor if i had a car to put it into, but i dont just curious as to what that beast put down

looks like that motor can do some work, what did it put down if u dont mind me asking, i would be interested in this motor if i had a car to put it into, but i dont just curious as to what that beast put down

Im not totally sure, The motor or car was never dynoed. The Builder suggests somewhere between 465 and 500 for the time it ran.

I didnt tear the motor all the way down. I removed the pan,timing cover, camshaft, rocker arms,lifters pushrods. I wasnt going to go any further since the bearings from the cam, the cam shaft itself and the lifters all looked like new. No scoring,no excessive wear, no heat marks etc. There was no point in me tearing it down anymore.

I never ssaid it was rebuilt.... Look at what I posted, I posted it was never rebuilt minus when it was built 5 thousand miles ago... The motor was built in 05, the car didnt come out much which is why it only has about 5 thousand miles on it.

I dont know what type of power it made to the tire as I said, It was never dynoed. Feel free to come by and we can run the stock part numbers to the vin off the rear end and what ever else you would like to do.

My Procharged 00 Camaro ss makes alot more power than that Close to 600 RWHP on the stock rearend with the stock 342 gear and that hasnt broke...

You can think what you want. Its plain to see that Im not trying to hide anything, as I have answered all your questions, but you dont want to believe it. I have offered you several times to come and check it out for yourself. Like I said before, you arent interested as you have said twice now, on how the motor is junk and Im lying about shit. Please stop posting and makeing useless posts in the thread as you dont want what I have for sale.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thread Info