Anyone looking for a fixer upper? head gasket fix and drive

MY GF's mom has a 96 grand Prix 4 dr. Its not a bad car, tranny is only a year old. Doesnt leak or burn oil...but the head gasket just blew about a month ago.

If anyone is looking for a cheap ride this would be it...she is going to junk it so 2-3 hundred you could pick it up from her and put a little time into the car and have a reliable driver. or you could always flip it for a little profit....up to you.

I believe its got new suspension and tires...tranny is a year old. over 100k miles. with a blown head gasket. body is decent.

Any interest let me know before it gets sent to the yard.

Last edited:

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
MY GF's mom has a 96 grand Prix 4 dr. Its not a bad car, tranny is only a year old. Doesnt leak or burn oil...but the head gasket just blew about a month ago.

If anyone is looking for a cheap ride this would be it...she is going to junk it so 2-3 hundred you could pick it up from her and put a little time into the car and have a reliable driver. or you could always flip it for a little profit....up to you.

I believe its got new suspension and tires...tranny is a year old. over 100k miles. with a blown head gasket. body is decent.

Any interest let me know before it gets sent to the yard.

Where is it located and could I get some pics?

I think I know someone that would snap that up.

*edit*

Kim, if you spot this before I talk to you next, Remind me to give Bill a call, or call him yourself and ask if he's interested, or even Herman.

GraFFix

A 302 and a little boost
Jan 3, 2008
NW Chicago
Where is it located and could I get some pics?

I think I know someone that would snap that up.

*edit*

Kim, if you spot this before I talk to you next, Remind me to give Bill a call, or call him yourself and ask if he's interested, or even Herman.
Located in Elmwood park, IL...NW side of Chicago really.

I dont have any pics...I guess I could snap a few with my phone later.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Located in Elmwood park, IL...NW side of Chicago really.

I dont have any pics...I guess I could snap a few with my phone later.

I guess really as far as pictures go, any big dents or rust spots etc?

but yea, just a simple like overall front quarter shot so we can show him what it looks like. A friend of ours owns a shop in the area, and that'd be something I'm sure he'd be interested in.

Thread Info