2008 BMW 535xi

For sale is my 2008 BMW 535xi with the N54 3.0l twin turbo engine and AWD. I bought this from insurance auction with a tear in the rear body and a salvage title from NE 2 years ago. I prefer rear body damage for project vehicles because there are much less important parts and sensors in the rear (basically trunk) compared to front. In this case there were no sensors just sheet metal that was repaired with all OEM parts following BMW specific requirements of welding and sealant/adhesives. The body man has 25+ years of working busy dealer shops and it shows because you cannot detect the body work.
The car had 77K and 2 previous owners and a CEL light for catalytic efficiency and a hint of (common) waste gate rattle on start up. Found out it was outside of the extended warranty period for turbos so I was going to replace the down pipes, upgraded turbos and tune and shoot for 450hp. In the meanwhile I installed new OEM stock springs ($660 parts) to replace the H&R lowering springs at Indy shop where he also programmed the computer for all the upgraded LED lights ($600 labor), replaced battery and programmed it ($400). I also had all fluids changed at BMW ($600) and replaced both front driveshaft boots and valve cover and fuel cap ($2,000) and local Indy shop.
Car is loaded including navigation, heated steering wheel/seats, adaptive Xenon (turning) headlights, sunroof, push button start and electronic shifter (among other BMW advance features). I have driven this for 3k+ miles with no other issues. The interior was mint when I got it and the engine compartment was spotless showing that the car was taken care of. Only issues I detect is that the radio volume doesn't adjust with the radio dial so I use the steering wheel controls for the volume and the AC works hard to keep cool so it probably is getting due for evac and recharge. I once parked and pulled over the concrete stop and when I reversed the lower bumper sweep caught it and it pull the front bumper out of alignment. I have been meaning to have my body guy adjust it but for now it is out slightly.
Car is a blast to drive, quick and balanced and 300hp/AWD is fun. It has low miles at 81K and gets a combined avg of 24 mpg which isn't bad for a car this size. I have too many projects and so this gotta go. I have to figure out how to post pictures here soon. Car is black exterior with black leather interior and black carpet.
Car is 5K with rebuilt title located in Chicago.
Contact Joe at rowekmr(at)aol.com or 773 879-zero681 with any questions.

Thanks

rowekmr

Addict
Jan 8, 2012
Chicago
Thanks I will give the imgur a try. I decided to sell car on a whim so didn't have everything organized.

I actually had a guy come out from his job this morning who is supposed to get it after work. I didn't want to say SOLD cause the cash is not in the hand yet but it was secure enough that I didn't go taking new pics to post.

The points are well taken. I will work on my writing skills (my worst class in school), formatting and using a new picture file server.

I am kinda an outsider because I don't know anyone here but I always get good answers to my questions elsewhere here so I became a sponsor and I try to post some of my vehicles that I think people here would be interested in. I sell a little bit of everything last few were a 2014 Ram 3500 6.7L CC DRW, 2000 Newmar Dutch Star DP motorhome, 1999 Ford E450 (party bus) and 2010 Mercury Mariner Hybrid.

Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

upload pics there.

sell rebuilt title bmw

profit.

Thread Info