FS: 2000 Pontiac Grand Prix GT

Up for sale is my 2000 Pontiac Grand Prix GT. I bought this in August of 2011 with 120k miles. Currently stands at the 165k mark. I moved to Boulder, CO last month and the Grand Prix is still back home in IL. The car is currently in McHenry, IL.

The title is in my name, but my sister has been driving this car the last 5 years. She called me a few weeks ago stating that the brake pedal was going all the way to the floor and that there was fluid on the driveway. I haven't looked at it person yet, but I'm assuming one of the brake lines rusted all the way through. She is planning to buy a new car, so the Grand Prix must go.

Details:
- 2000 Pontiac Grand Prix GT
- 165,000 miles
- Brown cloth interior
- 35% tint all around
- HID bulbs and clear corners
- A set of 16" Sport Edition wheels and Blizzaks is currently on the car. The torque stars are now on my other Grand Prix and NOT included in the sale.

The Bad:
- Rear brake line rusted through
- Both rear window regulators snapped. I have vice grips on both window tracks holding them up. The cost of the two vice grips is built into the price
- Passenger front quarter panel got hit at some point. The passenger door likes to contact the damaged portion.
- Fuel gauge works only when it wants to. The DIC is used as the unofficial fuel gauge.
- 165k worth of w-body midwest rust.
- Bad wheel speed sensor that is tripping the ABS light
- AC is non-functional
- Rear view mirror fell off and is hiding somewhere
- Mildish exhaust leak at rear manifold/downpipe
- Given all of this, it might be best suited for parts car status. Engine and trans still run strong. Make an offer. Need it out of my parent's driveway.

Car is located in McHenry, IL

SOLD

Last edited:

boostedguy05

not well known
TCG Premium
Dec 18, 2010
The absolute best part of the ad! :bowrofl:

Seriously if I knew anything about 3800s or needed any parts now or in the future, how do you pass it up for $250 ?!?!?!

there is nothing more to know they this motor was given to us by the gods. they are one of the easiest motors to work on. comming form someone who does not work on cars for a living. if i had the extra coin to get it, tow it, and fix the bad id be all over it.

1998gpgt

TCG Elite Member
Apr 25, 2008
Boulder, CO
And if anybody is interested, I have a set of Mille Miglia Evo 5 wheels that can go along with the car for an additional $250. Said wheels can be seen in the picture below. Currently plastidipped black with some curb rash. Rubber on them is junk, including one that actually blew out and is shredding along the entire sidewall.

Thread Info