$700 TAKE IT AWAY!!! Boutique/Clipper Cabriolet!

$700!!!! Firm, Runs and drives, tons of new parts, not perfect, Riding on Steelies for the winter and for the sale.

Car's TRADEIN Value is still $1200 as this is a very rare option package.

Car is the Boutique Package with the clipper Bodykit (Leather seats and interior panels, Triple white, A/C, PS, Automatic Trans)

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Sorry about that forgot about registering for Chitown

Car is a White on White 1989 Karmann Cabriolet 'boutique' with the clipper body kit, White exterior, White leather interior and white leather door cards. It has 139XXX Miles on it, with a Automatic tranny that was rebuilt about 9 months ago, New battery, new starter, new sparkplugs, new wires, new front Axels and CV Joints, and I'm sure I'm forgetting more.

Car was from florida, but has been here for the past 4 years, so it is beginning to have some spots of surface rust, but nothing thats not easily fixable, Car has a cracked front windshield *has been that way for 2 years, nothing that'd stop anyone from driving it*, its front pass side bumper support is stuck in its locked position from a minor accident, but the bumper still stands out flush. The grill is cracked at the screw holes *We still have it if you'd like to fix it, its just not on the car currently* and hood has small bend in front middle of it *Not shown*

Please do not knock the price, or the condition of the car, this is a very rare car to find not completely rusted out, let alone with the option packages this car has, KBB Trade-In valve in even Fair condition is still $1200, ONLY mechanical problems the car really has is the timing is a hair off so it takes a few cranks to start up along with a noisy PS belt cause its getting cold and I don't want to replace it (Only untill it warms up).

Pics Below: (THEY DO NOT SHOW THE HOOD DAMAGE, nor the current wheels, but the hood stays latched, and it doesn't affect driveability, the 4 steelies on the car all have 80%+ Tread life.)

passside.jpg

interior.jpg

front1.jpg

driverside.jpg

back.jpg

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Top has a tear by the rear boot *Along where the hinge is in back*, otherwise I'll ask Kim *I've been in the car in the rain and don't remember any noticeable leaks, only things that have gone out on the car was the starter earlier this year $62, the transmission last year *Got replaced and still under warranty I think for another couple of months* and this fuel pump relay $27, otherwise its spun like a top for the past 3 years pretty much completely trouble free.

only other maintance I'd recommend is the valve cover gasket because it leaks a bit there *We have a new gasket somewhere, just never got around to it*

Thread Info