GI: 2010 Ford Expedition XLT

Tossing around the idea of getting rid of the Expedition, and getting something different. Nothing wrong with the car, just not my jam. It has helped with a recent move, can haul, tow, and stow tons of stuff. It's been a great vehicle for my parents and for me. Our family has had it for a few years now. It was originally bought as a tow vehicle for a ~7000 pound travel trailer. Aside from a little squat, it was a great tow vehicle. Plenty of power and never a hint of overheating, even in the humid Florida weather. Never was really taxed, really didn't go much further than 50-100 miles at a time while towing. Up and down the Sunshine Bridge in Tampa, with no issues.

Parents bought it used from a Florida Ford dealer, and got the Ford Extended warranty which is still active through ~131,XXX miles. Basically bumper to bumper coverage, with a $100 deductible. I've used it a couple of times, that I'll outline below.

Basics:

2010 Ford Expedition XLT
-127,XXX miles (will go up as it is my DD)
-After-market leather interior (unknown manufacturer, although overall great condition, other than a couple spots on the driver's seat that I will be getting taken care of before the sale. Leather was converted for all 3 rows, and retains all folding functionality. 3rd row folds flat, 2nd row folds down but not flat. BTW, those are 6'6" fishing poles in the interior pictures)
-2WD (Florida truck, tow vehicle, 2WD was all that was needed; Florida trucks means it's clean and rust free. Never seen a Chicago winter. 2WD also means it's gets decent gas mileage. I've seen as high as 19 mixed, 17 strictly around town, and up to 24 if I'm really babying it down the highway.)
-5.4 SOHC 3-valve 6R80 combo (Usually 5.4's are turds, but this is the ONLY application I've driven that it has been nice, smooth, and powerful. I'm attributing that more towards the 6R80 trans, which is a peach. The trans pan gaskets were replaced, under the extended warranty, less the 5K miles ago, which means replaced fluids and filter too. This 5.4 does NOT have the dreaded 2 piece spark plugs, I was planning on changing them before the winter if I keep it. I cannot find reliable information about whether these years are affected by the cam phaser issue, this one has no issues though.)
-New Firestone Destination LE2's (not quite trucky, but not a car tire, a nice mix of the two. Replaced less than a month ago.)
-Clean body and decent paint. (Has a few knicks, and one of the bumpers has a small crease in the corner, but overall I'd give the exterior an 8/10. Spent it's life in the garage while in Florida, so no paint fade. Has the adjustable roof rack. Also has a Class IV hitch, 7-pin connection, trailer brake control in cab, and has integrated trailer sway control built into the stability and trailer brake connection.)
-Has a generic Pioneer head unit (It's blah, and if I keep it for longer than 6 months it's getting replaced/rewired. Whoever installed it, did not use the correct harness or wire it in correctly, as the radio will not work on the ACC setting. I have a Ford PAC wiring harness from a previous car that can include, if I don't get frustrated and throw it in before that. The head-unit itself has Bluetooth phone, iPod USB control, AUX jack, and CD...pretty basic.)
-Fully functioning front and rear HVAC (Both front and rear heat and AC work great. When my parents bought the car, the front blend door was clicking, some jackass sales guy said it was because of the aftermarket radio. It wasn't, it's a common issue on these, blend door gear breaks and will click on full cold or full hot. Eventually both front and rear started doing it. Brought it in, and both were replaced under extended warranty.)
-Brakes (Pads have a ton of meat left on them, but if I keep it, I'm going to replace the front rotors, as I'm getting a little pull under hard braking. Brake system is generally great, and bites hard and linearly, front rotors just starting to look a little too grooved for my liking, but absolutely no shuddering or shaking under braking.)

I think that covers just about everything...if you have questions, or want a picture, let me know.

jEXhDr2.jpg

eN5ncqX.jpg

ETKC91s.jpg

rPzu4bx.jpg

SNLNaN7.jpg

vgSpvP5.jpg

ukA7IEw.jpg

CvyPOLi.jpg

AnOMLJ8.jpg

1pj9dNC.jpg

UqhLEt9.jpg

jY0f1IA.jpg

h4S2WY2.jpg

Work in Glenview and Elk Grove, depending on the day, and live in Wheeling, if you want to come take a look. Don't really NEED to sell, but would like to get something I'm a little more excited about.

$11,000

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
Forgot to mention, I'm still not decided on a next vehicle, so throw me out some trade offers...

I'm all over the place with what I'm looking for, so you're almost better off just letting me know what you've got, and I'll let you know if I'd be interested. Could do cash I my end, if it came to it.

Thread Info

• P
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list