2008 Ford Escape Hybrid

Up for sale is a 1 owner 2008 Ford Escape Hybrid with 107k miles. This car was corporate owned and annually inspected from St Louis area and just brought up here last week. I have driven it every day and tested all the systems and everything works. There are no dash lights, warnings, leaks or noises.
It’s a roomy suv but being a hybrid it gets excellent gas mileage; I am averaging 32 mpg so far. By design you get better mileage more city driving because of its power regeneration mode. Since the generator is used primarily as the brakes (unless hard braking) the brakes on these tend to last a long time.
It has cloth interior that will be shampooed today and power options, and starting in 2008 had upgraded amenities including in dash CD changer, aux input, Sirius radio (current subscription), information read outs and sunroof. It has no dents or rust but under the right rear wheel well the typical Escape bubbling of paint is starting. I have owned 3 of these hybrids and they are durable rugged cars locally used for taxis downtowns going past 250K with original batteries, can’t get more severe duty than that. There’s plenty of online information called hypermiling that gives you ways of driving to increase your mpg’s beyond 40’s mpg. I do try to keep it in electric only mode when I can because it runs silent and the instant mpg’s shoot up, just for fun. All in all, a great solid and reliable car that would make a great DD or spare car or winter car especially those of you with those high horsepower rwd cars.
I am asking 4700 which is lowest priced 2008 listed locally.
Will take better pics and upload them today the current ones were just taken on delivery of the vehicle with auction tags, stickers and writing on windows. I am in Chicago area but will be in Monee today cleaning it up so give me a call/text if you want to see it or have any questions.

Joe
773 879 zero681
rowekmr (at) aol.com

Picture slideshow:

2008 Ford Escape Hybrid Slideshow by rowekmr | Photobucket

Thread Info

• rowekmr
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list