2005 Saab 92x Aero Manual $9000 OBO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys! My name is Adam and I've decided it's time to sell my baby. If you're interested please can contact me at (630) 559-5769 or email me at [email protected]

2005 Saab 9-2x Aero for Sale $9,000 Or Best Offer

Bolingbrook IL

Image gallery with 50 Pictures: https://goo.gl/photos/mrgADQ3e96juVoG48

• This car is nearly 100% Stock (figure 1)
• 80,000 miles on Frame 78,000 on the motor (figure 2)
• Minimal rust for a Chicago car mostly great paint (figure 3)
• 5 Speed Manual
• Sunroof
• Fog Lights
• Leather Seats Black with white inserts
• Pioneer radio w/USB
• 2 sets of Keys with fobs
• Clean title in hand
• Includes all the service paperwork for the 3 years I’ve owned the car. (Nearly every service was done professionally)

1. The only aftermarket parts the car has are Stoptech stainless steel brake lines and Cobb shifter bushings. Other than that only Genuine Subaru replacement parts were used on the car.

2. A USDM EJ205 from an 06 WRX replaced the motor that blew a head gasket last year. The motor was replaced by Fluid Motor Union in December 2015. They replaced the head gaskets, water pump, thermostat, timing belt, drive belts, alternator, and clutch. Since then I had The Autobarn Subaru of Countryside service the car twice. They replaced hoses, clamps, fuel return lines, both intake manifold gaskets, hose ducts, intercooler gasket, solenoid valve, new coolant reservoir, and valve cover gaskets. Since the swap was done in December approximately 5,000 miles have been put on the engine and it runs perfectly. There’s no cold weather fuel smell and the airbag recall has been serviced.

3. Two years ago during the winter the side of the car got scraped in a hit and run. Everything was repaired by Geneva Body shop during the spring. While they were repairing/repainting the driver side of the car they resprayed the front bumper (and plugged the license plate mounting holes). The roof and passenger rear quarter panel were also re painted.

“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson​

This Saab is the best god damned car I have ever bought. I purchased it three years ago off an engineer, and as he was filling out the bill of sale to me he started weeping. Today I understand why he broke down during the sale of this beautiful oddball of an automobile. It’s a Saab in name only. If you buy this car you’re very much buying into the Subaru lifestyle but since it’s got a different badge you get to enjoy all the benefits of a 4-wheel drive manual transmissioned turbocharged wagon without the Axe body spray and flat brimmed hats. It’s a driver centric driving experience with an insulated turbo sound and a very nice (steering) rack.

On August 7th 2015 the car lost a head gasket and bent some valves. At that time not saving the car wasn’t an option. The blown motor’s timing was terrible. Prior it’s premature death I’d spent hard earned credit on brakes, bodywork, paint, front axels, and a power steering pump. It’s not easy to admit saving this Saab was a wrong thing for me to do finically, but I can’t help hopeless romanticism. I fell for the hard-won notion of bringing an amazing car back from the brink of destruction, but that was the catalyst to my own financial waterloo.

The trusted mechanics of the Fluid Motor Union of Plainfield Illinois said the only hope in my price bracket was a good salvage motor. But a the reclaimed USDM EJ205 they used wouldn’t have been enough and the motor was worked over. The EJ’s head gaskets, water pump, thermostat, timing belt, drive belts, alternator, and clutch were all replaced by people fueled by their passion for cars. I waited for months during the chrysalis stage, and on New Year’s Eve getting the car back was almost too much too bare. My eye’s welled and my heart was off a few beats during the ride home.

This was partially because of the emotional journey I’d been though, and also the fumes that were permeating the cabin. After a trip to the friendly service experts at Autobarn Subaru in Countryside Illinois I learned that raw fuel leaks were common problem in cold weather where EJ205s were concerned, and the turbos coolant reservoir had a hairline crack. A few hoses, clamps, fuel return lines, both intake manifold gaskets, hose ducts, intercooler gasket, solenoid valve, and a brand new plastic coolant reservoir later the smells were gone. While they were at it they adjusted the motor mounts and replaced one of the front axels which, thankfully, was under warranty. A few months later the Autobarn replaced valve cover gaskets, and I would realize that I’m in too deep.

So now after all the tinkering and time spent perfecting the car selling it is my best chance at redemption or at least it could get me closer to restitution. After going through hell to get a Saab 9-2x Aero back mechanically immaculate condition and I have to sell it. Ironically, the cost of getting it restored was just too much to take on, and the only time I don’t regret the debt is while driving this amazing machine. The blood & oil put into it won’t come close to the credit card payment that comes out of its sale. Selling the car is my loss, and is certainly your gain. Buy it, drive it, and love it.
XhTjwb8GUEQLzKiSBp51zzQk7gU6q16COF9DLxMZ6DUv1dtoLpx71Te3MDdThQHdztNOUqHJ9WLIYvFLy0LP60boUiuQQm9eY5m6XoqOpJGVrpGcFy2l8IHIjmmFnWpnS91B-6ChL5DB04rLUoPaohFZgcQiggzasm0OW2C0uWiIjo9XCNthF3boKfPBreWrMHEegKd6Ap1IC8IResavZKYNaFDvm-x-sXGRfmNfM_OqOahlSX-lkReLPW-ssfkJUyAEoSKDU1ALGR-9X1cMa4cJL2CvHobndHaIDjXBgfNFjO7vHoLS1EiXzoSJLgiJt7vc0zKPGdGANDkpw4C3IjJ9SgX7bVE4ZlNLf2HVtc0KOzJGHPTrIPMQOgc1PpQ5ciLw_xsKJzgaUY3v54QVZFCnbWedn8b6qfB-ZUtgqOsX3Lcp7hB7QFeaeitrhMe9JT9YcIr-9LYlszjLI8DPspqgS8zcQWLTeFQItRebf2XmafSuuXXpNOgLt-QRrnMVrOVrxlUaHCK0dtNHAndFLxW833sruHr343Yg7ubZVPxT5FAqyYZeZRcLQh73tXGX88pggRcXR0Nf1N8eTHgETjD-Ys-pK98=w1469-h979-no

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thread Info