1970 Chevy Nova Drag Car Tube Chassis 572 BBC Chevrolet 1000hp 8 sec - $19000

Hi,

First time on this board, but I have been on quite a few regional forums in the past (CTR, SCC, chicagoholdenconnection, etc.)

I have a 1970 Chevy Nova drag car for sale. I purchased the car in 2009 with a 496ci BBC with steel GM oval port heads (nothing special) and assume it made somewhere around 500hp on engine. I took it to US 41 and with the 1/8 mile gear and bouncing off the rev limiter went 9.99 in the 1/4 spinning some. The pics are from various points during my ownership. I made it to the track in October (US 41) and made 2 shakedown launch passes on motor to at most the 330'. The car launched well, but I got out of it as I wasn't looking to make any full passes.

The first launch I just left on idle, the second launch I left off the transbrake. It would have dragged the bumper, but I pedaled it to bring her down. I think maybe next time she can go out with some bars (or just try to adjust the suspension down, but with the nitrous it will be nasty).

***Not Interested in Trades at this time***

Here are the current details on the car:

Engine
* Fresh 572 cu in BBC built by Midwest engine tech, dynoed 996hp on engine dyno (details below, need find build sheet for all)
* New Dart Tall Deck block
* Dart Pro 1 345 Aluminum heads fully ported by Midwest Engine Tech (have flow numbers somewhere)
* New Edelbrock Super Victor Intake (non-port matched, more power can be picked up there)
* Custom grind 4/7 swap cam designed around head flow numbers, need find spec sheet for details, but over .800 lift
* New Callies Compstar Rods
* New Eagle Crank
* New JE pistons, gas ported, designed for n2o, ~14.5 compression
* New Pro Systems SV1 carburetor
* New NOS Pro Shot Fogger, pilled with ~250hp jets currently
* Comp Cams Belt Drive
* CSI Electric Water Pump
* Moroso Vacuum Pump
* New Edelbrock Billet vacuum pump/alternator bracket
* MSD Crank Trigger
* MSD Crank Trigger Distributor
* New Custom Fabricated Aluminum wet sump oilpan

Transmission & Rearend
* Powerglide fresh built by Transpro in Lansing
* New PTC converters Custom ~5500 converter built to handle 300 shot nitrous
* New 1.80 Planetary Long Output Complete Transmission Specialties
* Transbrake
* Ford 9", narrowed
* New Strange center section
* New 4.56 gears

Fuel System
* New Product Engineering PE 4450 Fuel Pump for applications up to 2000 HP (same as Magnafuel Pro Star 500 pumps)
* New Product Engineering Dual 4-Port Regulators with Bypass System
* New Jaz 3 Gallon Pro cell with anti aeration tubes
* -12AN from Cell to Pump, -10AN from pump to regs, -8AN return I believe

Electronics & Gauges
* New MSD Digital 7 7531 ignition
* MSD HVC II 8261 Coil
* ARC Pro Stock switch panel with Nitrous
* Electric shifter setup
* Full Autometer Ultralite set of gauges

Chassis
* Square tube chassis with comp engineering ladder bar back frame, mustang II front suspension with Heidt arms
* ~2550lbs with steel bumpers, steel fenders, steel doors, etc. Scaled close to 50/50 distribution
* Simpson Parachute
* SOS Aluminum spoiler
* Weld Draglite wheels
* Hoosier 32.5x14.5 rear slicks
* Aerospace components mustang II front brake setup
* Lexan windows all around
* 2 Fiberglass Hoods, Painted pro stock style and primered 5" Cowl, all to the windshield
* Fiberglass Trunk lid (unpainted)
* Kirkey Pro Street Drag seat
* Currently steel bumpers, include fiberglass bumpers with car

Reason for selling? I recently had my first child and i'm having fun with my other toys. My plan was to take it out, make an mid 8 second pass on engine and put it up for sale. The price of the engine to be built was as much as the asking price, but we know we never get out of a car what we put in, just pass the great savings to the next guy.

I'm looking for $19,000 obo

Thanks,
Josh

vega406

May 26, 2016
NW IN

Attachments

• DSC00456.JPG
    DSC00456.JPG
    142 KB · Views: 178

vega406

May 26, 2016