Built 5.4L long block Mustang Lightning

I don't really post here, more of a silent, creepy observer but I've been a member here since 2007 so I think I'm GTG here.

You've heard the story. Boy starts project. Boy pours money into project. Boy runs out of money. Boy sells old project at deep discount.

This one hurts a little. I puked in my own mouth when I added up all the parts in this long block. I had this built to do a sweet turbo project on my 2002 Mustang GT. It took long because I did it right. 5.4L block, Cobra Jet Crank, Manley Connecting Rods with ARP2000 bolts, Manley pistons, ARP head studs, main studs, cleveite main bearings and rod bearings, custom grind turbo Crower cam, comp cam gears, Ford OEM lifters and rockers, Cometic MLS head gasket. The block was honed, bored out 20 over, tumbled, the head deck was surfaced and the block was assembled by a local shop. PM me and I'll tell you all about it. It has 2V Ford High Flow Cylinder Heads. These came out after the PI head but before the 3V head. These heads were never used on a production Mustang, only for racing, so you'd need a custom intake manifold made for it.

I paid $8,500 for this to get done a few of years ago. That doesn't even include the parts I have that aren't on the block. With the other parts I have available the receipts are in excess of $13,000.

Since then, the engine has not been put in a car or run. Everything is like the day is I bought it.

It's been on a rolling platform in my basement for a year now. Truthfully, it doesn't have to go anywhere. I can keep it down there forever. I'm checking the market for it because truthfully I'd much rather have a down payment for a GT350 than a motor in my basement.

I also have 80lbs injectors, an aluminum flywheel, harmonic balancer, and other very expensive brand new goodies I'd be willing to part with for the right price.

The motor is in my basement in Skokie and you'd have to come get it out of there. No trades, cash rules everything around me. I'll even get you in touch with the man who built it. I have receipts I can email upon request and of course pictures.

$6500 OBO

PM with any questions

btillathehun

Nov 12, 2007
Sure do. Here are a couple. One shows it ratchet strapped to the rolling platform I have it on and the other is on the engine stand at the shop. I can take more detailed pics of anything else as requested.

20140613_115127.jpg

20151025_170818.jpg

Thread Info