FS: 2012 Caprice 9c1

I've thought about it for a while, and finally decided to openly sell my 2012 Chevy Caprice 9c1. Pre-ordering a Tesla so no sense of keeping the Caprice.

This is a RARE car, you won't find many for sale. It's a total LS RWD 4dr sleeper. I have lots done to it, have all the receipts, and the upcoming week getting a few other things done to it.

ItuqcqHl.jpg

JJ4exill.jpg

Ln89Fn7l.jpg

up8LWqHl.jpg

zHPKeC1l.jpg

7u9jylel.jpg

nYFlbTvl.jpg

YoW0r8Tm.jpg

IeMP7all.jpg

Tires and tints under warranty, rims are 2014 Camaro takeoffs (18inch), police equipment removed and all holes sealed and covered. Any qustions feel free to ask.

Asking $13,000 or best offer.

I'm in Hammond, IN

Public Ad

JerryLSX

Regular
Feb 28, 2016
NWI
what's all done to it?

I've got the exhaust modified (it's getting resonators added to counter 4cyl drone and getting new exhaust tips). Spotlight removed and holes sealed and covered, New Camaro OEM 18" wheels with New Nitto Motivo tires (under warranty), Brakes serviced recently, 35% tints done (under warranty), Accesory Drive has new parts (idler, tensioner, belt)... I'm sure I have other stuff done that i'm forgetting I have a small stack of reciepts.

for those wondering.. correct me if im wrong OP... these are flex fuel ready.. slap a turbo or a blower on it and reap the benefits ;)

It's FlexFuel, the one thing the G8 doesn't have. It runs a lot better on e85 than unleaded 87. I was planning on putting a supercharger (LSA) but I drive so much the Tesla was more appealing to me in the long run, only wish I could afford a Model S.

Last edited:

JerryLSX

Regular
Feb 28, 2016
NWI
Got the exhaust reworked on the Caprice yesterday, with the Bullets acting as resonators it cut the drone down considerably, while still there, it's not as bad as it was. Got it cleaned up today and decided to go full photo shoot mode and even edited the photos to make it look "fancy" I guess, lol

New tips fit so much better.

RhHCQnMl.jpg

bjuPWbtl.jpg

JerryLSX

Regular
Feb 28, 2016
NWI
Can the 4cly mode be disconnected or is that something a person would not want to do?

I am thinking this might be a fun DD versus the soccer mom Sienna I am driving now. God I hate this damn van.

From what I've read on both the new caprice forum and the g8 forums there are 2 ways of going about it. You can just tune it out (disable it), I've heard of people using HPtuners to do it and saying its super easy to do. I'm actually thinking of doing it myself if I can get it done for little to nothing. There is also getting a DOD delete kit (displacement on demand). This is more expensive since it replaces all the DOD hardware with non DOD hardware. The only difference deleting or disabling the DOD does is affect gas mileage, which I'm told is negligible like 2mpg or something small.

It is a fun daily driver I'll admit, it actually has tons of room. I've had 3 big grown men sit in the back comfortably and 4 kids back there and they didn't complain of being squished.

JerryLSX

Regular
Feb 28, 2016
NWI
Just a quick update to the selling of this car. I've gotten the most responses ever for this car out of all the vehicles I've sold on Craigslist. Lots are just asking questions and I've gotten some unique trade offers. I received a call from the dealer about possibly trading the car in. Was pretty funny, the lady on the phone said "Now I've got the car here as a 2012 Caprice, it might be a mistake, is it actually a 2002 Caprice?" ....no it's a 2012. "Oh okay, I wasn't aware there was a 2012 Caprice" really? You work at a Chevrolet dealership and aren't aware? Lol imma go today for sh!ts and giggles, I highly doubt they will give me a decent offer for the car but hey I got nothing else to do today anyway.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Just a quick update to the selling of this car. I've gotten the most responses ever for this car out of all the vehicles I've sold on Craigslist. Lots are just asking questions and I've gotten some unique trade offers. I received a call from the dealer about possibly trading the car in. Was pretty funny, the lady on the phone said "Now I've got the car here as a 2012 Caprice, it might be a mistake, is it actually a 2002 Caprice?" ....no it's a 2012. "Oh okay, I wasn't aware there was a 2012 Caprice" really? You work at a Chevrolet dealership and aren't aware? Lol imma go today for sh!ts and giggles, I highly doubt they will give me a decent offer for the car but hey I got nothing else to do today anyway.

I don't think there was a 2002 Caprice.... They stopped making it in like 1996 didn't they....?

I thought your car was technically a "Chevrolet PPV", is it actually badged as Caprice?

Friggen love it BTW, if I was in the market I'd be ALL OVER this thing.

JerryLSX

Regular
Feb 28, 2016
NWI
I don't think there was a 2002 Caprice.... They stopped making it in like 1996 didn't they....?

I thought your car was technically a "Chevrolet PPV", is it actually badged as Caprice?

Friggen love it BTW, if I was in the market I'd be ALL OVER this thing.

Yeah that's what was even funnier. And I've seen it listed both Caprice and Caprice PPV. The car doesn't have a "pursuit", "interceptor" or "PPV" badging on it, just Caprice, in fact that's the only badge it has other than the bow ties.

Also thanks, I also love the car but as a College student and someone who drives a lot (I've put 20k miles on the car in less than 6 months) I need something more economical. I say that, and if I do sell it might get something impractical again. Knowing me....

JerryLSX

Regular
Feb 28, 2016
NWI
UPDATE: Price Reduced

So the dealer yesterday was a letdown, went in for sh!ts and giggles and it was the most awkward time I've ever had at a dealership. Dullest salesman ever. They didn't even give me a number, they really didn't know what to do with the car....anyway another update...

Lowered the price to be more competitive with the other few Caprice's for sale.
Now at $12,000 OBO

All offers considered.

Updated Craigslist Ad

JerryLSX

Regular
Feb 28, 2016
NWI
What would you consider for trades?

I'm pretty open minded, what I would love is a Pontiac GTO.

So far I've been offered a Silverado 2500, an old hot rod Malibu, and an 04 Cobra. Was hard to turn down the guy with the 04 Cobra but I just can't bring myself to own another Mustang. I had so many issues with mine, nothing with reliability just they are hot cars. I've had mine broken into and been pulled over so many times over nothing. Not to mention the streetlight racers, the Caprice flies under the radar.

Thread Info