2005 Grand Prix GTP -- Intercooled, VS Cam, Headers

2005 GTP, FSIC, SD Headers, 90# springs, 3.0 Pulley, 65# injectors.

I boughlt the car stock last year with 174k miles on it and at about 177k I pulled the engine for what I suspect was a bad lower intake gasket. The car now has 187k. While the motor was out I put a ZZP VS camshaft in the motor, resealed the oil pan, new front and rear seals if I remember correctly, new head gaskets. I also added a ZZP full size intercooler with a bosch pump and a frozenboost front mount. The car runs VERY strong. The stock transmission seems to be holding up remarkably well under the power but I have a very conservative tune that was intended to keep the trans around as long as possible. When I bought the car I was told the motor had 130k but I have no way to verify this. I will say that I had intended on replacing the motor when I bought it because of the mileage but the motor was so clean that it didn't seem worth it. The heat blows hot-ish (160 T stat) and the A/C blows ice cold.

The bad: The car has misc dings throughout (186K miles). The windshield has a crack that isn't really noticable from the outside but I am sure it will spread with time. A previous owner dented the driver rear door and trunk pretty bad. I straightened it out what I could but I was planning to just replace them. The interior is pretty well worn but no rips or tears.

I would like to get $4000 for the car. There is a lot of money in mods that I put on the car last year. Car is located in Momence, IL.

Attachments

• GTP 1.jpg
    GTP 1.jpg
    275.9 KB · Views: 189
  • GTP 2.jpg
    GTP 2.jpg
    253.2 KB · Views: 197
  • GTP 3.jpg
    GTP 3.jpg
    292.9 KB · Views: 182
  • GTP 5.jpg
    GTP 5.jpg
    154.2 KB · Views: 189
  • GTP 4.jpg
    GTP 4.jpg
    218.1 KB · Views: 191

bluegpgtp

Regular
Jan 22, 2008
Bourbonnais, IL
Real Name
Doug
I paid for the tune from Turbo Tim over at ZZP. He told me it was good so I haven't really messed with it. I expect the car should make somewhere near 400 flywheel HP or about 330 to the tires. I have not put the car on a dyno. It hasen't been to the drag strip either since modded but I expect somewhere 13.2 in the quarter.

Thread Info