GI/FS 2008 Ford Crown Victoria P71

Will grab some pictures when I clean it up a bit, but really if you've seen one, you've seen them all. PM me if there is a specific picture you want, I'll gladly oblige. I will try to run down and give you an honest answer to everything I've done, and some of its quirks, and a couple of the not so great areas...

The basics:
2008 Ford Crown Victoria P71 Police Interceptor
3.27 open rear diff
134,2XX miles
3171 hours (extremely low hours for the mileage for this type of vehicle; originally Boone County, Missouri sheriff vehicle)
Full carpeted interior (including rear)
Full cloth interior (including rear seats)
Power steering, power locks, power mirrors, power windows, power front bolster, cruise control, really the basics. Has a Kevlar divider in the trunk as well.

New Parts/Equipment since my purchase in 4/2014
- Rampage 31515 Denim Black Locking Center Console (5/2014 @102K miles)
- Passenger taillight assembly (replaced cracked original) (5/2014 @102K miles)
- 4 Bridgestone Turanza Serenity Plus Tires (8/2014 -@104K miles) (still has 50%+ thread left)
- Full size spare (Basically new Goodyear RS-A on standard 17" wheel - Never used)
- Replaced spark plugs with Autolite Single Platinum AP104's (11/2014 - @ 108K miles)
- Sony Bluetooth headunit (non-CD, has interior slot for iPod or thumb drive)
- 4 new Rockford Fosgate R168X2 speakers (1/2015 - @ 112K miles)
- New Motorcraft tensioner (BT-68), Idler Pulley (YS249), and Goodyear Gatorback belt (4060910) (4/2015 - @117K miles)
- Both front brake rotors (Raybestos 680110P) and front brake pads (Raybestors PGD931M) (7/2015 - @123K miles)

Standard Maintenance
- I've tried to put through as much synthetic oil as possible, and stuck to 5K miles intervals...the last couple changes have been Mobil 1...before I sell, I'll put through Mobil 1 0W20 and a Motorcraft Filter. My first oil change was AMSOIL, but couldn't stomach the 1 year intervals or 20K+ mile intervals. There were a couple times I was busy/lazy and took it to my buddies Firestone, and put through the semi-synth Kendall oil (which is the same manufacturer as Motorcraft oil.)
- Tires rotated religiously every 5K miles
- Has some cheapo rubber mats that I'll include, has 3 out of the 4 original carpet mats...I'm missing one of rear mats, but I just leave the rubber mats in back all year.
- Has a cleanable AMSOIL drop in air filter

Condition

The good:
- Damn near everything works like a charm, except the tire pressure sensors...I could get them replaced at $75/piece, but never found it really worth it, just check the tire pressures every so often. They are the band sensors. Otherwise the heat blows hot, A/C blows cold, and the cruise control works great.
- Body is straight and rust free. There is a patch on the drivers rear that I'm touching up...just a bit of surface rust that I'm sanding down priming and painting.
- Interior is in really good shape...no rips or tears in the seats, carpets are largely in good shape except for a few holes where equipment was previously mounted. Dash is also in similarly good shape, except for the middle trim panel that has 5 small screw holes...that middle piece is replaceable on its own, just never really bothered me enough to find it.
- Gauges and cluster all work great, and speedo is dead nuts on still. No warning lights (except for the aforementioned Tire pressure sensor light)
- Car drives smooth and great. No odd noises, rattles, squeaks, etc that usually plague Ford vehicles (or maybe I'm just used to them now :rofl: ) Shocks seem great.

The Bad:
- While the body is straight, it's not perfect by any means...the top, over the drivers door has the clear coat peeling, there are a few bumps, scuffs and dents (none through the paint or anything), but it definitely looks good overall from 10 feet away. There are 2 holes that are siliconed on the roof...no leaks ever.
- There's some whining on really cold days from the accessory belt area...just chalked it up to the cold, and didn't really investigate further.
- Interior, aside from the holes in the dash, and the few inconspicuous holes in the carpet, is missing the "ticket light," so there is a 2x3" square hole in the headliner right by the rearview mirror. Looked into getting some sort of overhead console, but couldn't find anything I really liked.
- Dome lights don't come on when the door is opened (dark car mode). Never wanted to spend the $120 that Ford wants to hook up to their propitiatory software to change it.
- Car had an Avital remote start/keyless entry system installed professionally. The box crapped out, and I paid out the ass to return the car back to stock (power locks but no fob)

Extras: What I can Include
- If you want the stereo as-is, it's yours, I will include the original AM/FM stereo as well.
- Brand new Trac-Lok unit, with axle bearings/seals, carrier bearings, AMSOIL diff fluid, and friction modifier fluid - Will include if given the asking price, or otherwise negotiable.
- Set of 4 mid-90's Cobra 17" wheels without tires (was going to use them as winter wheels if I kept the car another season) - Like the Trac-Lok, will include at asking price, but otherwise negotiable
- Hardwired Black Box G1W-C dash camera with rearview mirrow mount and 32GB Samsung SD card
- Rattle can of color matched touch-up paint (hard to find non metallic dark blue)

Bottom Line

I've just outgrown the car, there's nothing wrong that's making me get rid of it. I wouldn't hesitate changing the oil, and running this car across the country tomorrow. It's been as reliable a car as I've ever had, and wish that it suited my needs moving forward. It'll cruise happily all day long at 75 MPH and get 23 MPG. If you baby it, it'll get deeper in the mid-20's on the highway, and I can eek out 20 around town if I'm really easy on it. Buy it, and run it well past 200K miles...it's definitely not some clapped out CPD cruiser, I specifically bought it for the low hours, carpeted interior, and full cloth interior.

PM me and make an appointment, I work out of Glenview and Elk Grove, and live in Wheeling so can meet, within reason, somewhere around those places.

Price:

$3750 OBO

Forgot to mention....open to some trades.

..SUV's, stick shift sedans, wagons, hatches (needs to have fold down rear seats)...let me know what you got, worst I'll say is no thanks...depending on the trade I can do cash on my end if it comes to it

DjCja3T.jpg

6uPEzx1.jpg

oLjQKhR.jpg

889PFe4.jpg

kesat04.jpg

MZSsn7D.jpg

0j3lsZW.jpg

JDGsiki.jpg

L6fLAdr.jpg

7s4zNVa.jpg

TKW0LqF.jpg

hk0VK9d.jpg

hR1zeSo.jpg

FWRsptd.jpg

W5bEUVd.jpg

ANbhoQo.jpg

YDryMDX.jpg

Album Link: http://imgur.com/a/7sQa0

Last edited:

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
it happens.
ps, i sold my vic 3 weeks ago. i kinda miss it.

Yeah I have a feeling I'll miss mine too, once it's gone...it's been a great car...The Expo is growing on me though....love the 5.4/6-speed auto combo...so much better than Ford 4 speeds. Plus it gets comparable gas mileage, and is much smoother and quieter...Just wish it was a little smaller :rofl:

Thread Info