1998 Pontiac Trans Am

Status
Not open for further replies.
1998 Pontiac Trans Am
100,XXX miles (Just rolled over, will go up I still drive it)
Arctic White Exterior
Ebony Interior
Automatic Transmission
T-Tops
Clean Illinois Title & Clean Carfax Report

Price: $5500/trade

**This is not a perfect car but I am not asking top dollar. I am being 100% upfront with any interested person as much as possible. I listed any/all of the problems no matter how small below. This is great base/cheap way to get into a cheap fun LS CAR.**

The car just rolled over 100k miles on the odometer. When I got the car, it was sitting for over a year in the driveway. Right off the bat, I did a full synthetic oil and filter change. Overall inspection front to back, reset tire pressure, new wipers etc. The car originally had tan interior that was painted black. Also the car has 93-96 Camaro seats that are custom upholstered Black with White Center Sections. The rear seat was originally a tan leather Trans Am seat that is now painted black. The door panels are the original tan door panels painted black. The door panels do not have the common cracks on the top panel but are only in okay shape. The Carpet, Sail Panels, Speaker Covers, Rear Hatch Panels, Cargo Flap, T-Top Holders, A-Pillars, Kick Panels and Hatch Panels all came out of a 2002 Trans Am and are factory Ebony (Black) in color. The carpet has some stains in some areas, the worse area is in the rear hatch. I showed a detailer and he was pretty confident he could use an extractor and get the stains out no problem. The headliner was originally grey and some one wrapped it in Black fabric it actually doesn't look that bad. The sun visors are removed and there a two small spots of ripped fabric by the curve of the t-top. The t-tops remove/install easily no fighting to latch the t-tops.

I just replaced both front window motors, and re-riveted the drivers side window regulator from a previous repair so the windows function as they should.

The Bad/Problems: (Being as open/picky as possible)

There is a scuff/paint flaking on the right curve of the rear bumper.

The front turn signals are painted white and nearly no light shines thru.

The passenger power mirror doesn't adjust to the right.

There is no keyless entry remote there is a aftermarket alarm remote that doesn't work.

There is no AM/FM Radio reception and the power antenna does not go up/down

The steering wheel controls do not work with the aftermarket radio

No Front License Plate Cover

The exhaust is very loud because it is full straight pipe.

The y-pipe rubs/hits the floor at certain stops/accelerations when going slower.

There is an exhaust leak from the y-pipe to the passenger side header.

The 10-bolt has some slight gear whine on light acceleration

The LED Gauge cluster lights flicker/dim (Never had luck with LED lights on F-body clusters)

The HVAC display lights go on/off at random (Haven't pulled/checked the connector)

The A/C is inoperable - Hose missing from the top, compressor and condenser are all gone.

The vehicle should be tuned/checked - The car idles high and runs very rich, also shifting is sporadic with the stall and at Wide open throttle it will tag rev limiter in 2nd gear sometimes and 3rd. Upon further inspection it appears the trans needs some parts replaced or a used unit swapped in. Hence my price drop (Not sure who tuned it, or if its even tuned but the speedo is correct and no Check engine light is on)

The OEM fuel gauge is inoperable and the Autometer Fuel Gauge reads high, when you fill the tank the Autometer gauge reads super pegged full. When the Autometer gauge reads Full its about 1/2 tank, and when the Autometer gauge reads 1/2 Full your about on empty. I've been keeping track on the trip odometer. I'm assuming whoever installed it used the factory sender.

The OEM Volt gauge and Autometer gauge both work and there is no issues there.

The passenger side low beam headlamp has a ziptie across the top left corner. I haven't had time to inspect or look at it but it doesn't shake or move when driving and the light works.

Washer nozzles don't squirt onto the windshield it sprays out under the hood. I haven't looked into it and not sure if its just a fitting or the hose is disconnected.

The passenger side wiper arm is missing the cover that snaps over the nut that holds it down.

I have one set of keys (Ignition/Door) No OEM Key Fobs/Remotes

There is no owners manuals/paper work with the vehicle

No spare tire, tools or jack included.

The door ajar chime goes on as soon as you open the door even if the key is not in the ignition.

The drivers side t-top seal leaks slightly if you spray directly on it or go thru a carwash.

Missing the door lock tab/covers on the door panels

Included: New GM T-Top Weather Stripping (NEW IN BOX) Full Original Tan Interior Plastics Painted Black, Black Aftermarket Carpet, Painted Front/Rear Seat Belts/Buckles.

Modifications/Changes:
Aftermarket Raised WS6 Style Hood (Superhawk Painted On Hood)
CETA Rear Bumper Mod
T-Top Sail Pillar Painted Black (Superhawk Painted On Lower Sail Panel)
Blacked Out Front Marker Lamps
Blacked Out Rear Marker Lamps
Trans Am Door Badges Removed
Door Guard/Trim Removed
Red Painted Calipers
18" Black Replica C6 Wheels
Black Lug Nuts
Cross Drilled/Slotted Rotors (Front and Rear)
SLP Air Lid
K&N Engine Air Filter
Pacesetter Long Tube Headers
Pacesetter 3" Off Road Y-Pipe
Borla Cat-Back Exhaust (Muffler Deleted)
Founders Performance Strut Tower Brace
Founders Performance Lower Control Arms
Founders Performance Double Adjustable Panhard Bar
Aftermarket Poly Rear Sway Bar Links
Adjustable Dampening Rear Shocks
Boxed Subframe Connectors
White Face Gauges (Superhawk Logo)
White Shift Knob
Tinted Windows (Front windows need to be re-done)
3600-4000 Stall (Don't know what brand or what RPM exactly)
3.73 Gear
TA Differential Girdle
MSD Wires
Pioneer 7" In Dash Radio
Polk Audio Front/Rear Speakers
Autometer Fuel Gauge (Mounted in Center Vent)
Autometer Volt Gauge (Mounted in Center Vent)
Complete Vehicle Sound Deadening
2002 Trans Am Ebony Interior Swap
1993-1996 Camaro Custom Upholstered Front Seats (White/Black)
White Painted Steering Wheel

The car runs drives and operates as it should. Fires right up with no issues and looks good. Open for trades on other performance cars, lifted 4x4s, Jeeps etc.
Let me know what you have worse I can say is no.

Complete 150+ Picture Photobucket Link:
http://s1104.photobucket.com/user/XxApollynxX/library/1998 Pontiac Trans Am

IMG_3281_zpsgxk6ipoj.jpg

IMG_3308_zpsvtfca54o.jpg

IMG_3285_zpsbs5tjefs.jpg

IMG_3318_zpsorrlxnuf.jpg

IMG_3259_zpssusd8cja.jpg

Last edited:

XxApollynxX

TCG Elite Member
Jun 2, 2008
Plainfield
I will have more pictures hopefully this weekend for all the picture collectors. I plan just to take 100 pictures from all angles inside and outside engine bay etc. I've never had so much interest in a car but no body wants to meet up or drive out to see the car. Must not be to serious then. I also will probably have OEM Ebony front/rear leather seats going into it this weekend to make it proper. Will post interior pics soon!

Donnie

Ethanol Junkie.
Jan 31, 2012
Uranus, Sol System
With the problems I've been having with the Corvette an fbody or fox body is the next logical choice for me. Personally I'd love to hold out for a 79-80 malibu but I doubt I'll be finding one of those any time soon

I see a decent Malibu or Nova at least once a month on CL dude, hell, the one I passed on to grab my supra roller was fucking mint-ish and ready to do work for like 3k.

XxApollynxX

TCG Elite Member
Jun 2, 2008
Plainfield
Bump this up! I just updated the listing to be 100% up front and honest about the car. I uploaded 150+ pictures to my Photobucket for all the picture collectors. I can send more if need be as well. If some one from the TCG forum wants to buy the car this weekend come and get it for $6,000 CASH. I found something else I want.

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
With the problems I've been having with the Corvette an fbody or fox body is the next logical choice for me. Personally I'd love to hold out for a 79-80 malibu but I doubt I'll be finding one of those any time soon

I hate to say I told you so. For drag racing they are awesome to a certain level then you have to be rich to race one.

JBruno88

TCG Elite Member
Apr 3, 2014
Carol Stream, IL
I hate to say I told you so. For drag racing they are awesome to a certain level then you have to be rich to race one.
Yup guess I learned the hard way. Should be an interesting winter with the debate to sell or search for something new. If the right thing comes along at the right time it'll get sold, but I won't settle for something that isn't exactly what I want.

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
Yup guess I learned the hard way. Should be an interesting winter with the debate to sell or search for something new. If the right thing comes along at the right time it'll get sold, but I won't settle for something that isn't exactly what I want.

I hear you on that. That's why I'm not slapping shit together with my car. I'm building the foundation first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thread Info