FS: 2004 Chevy Cavalier LS - $3,200 - Canary Yellow

Hi Everyone,

I am looking to sell my DD which is a 2004 Chevy Cavalier LS. I've had it for almost 3 years now. It has been the perfect DD with zero issues. VIN # 1G1JF12F947357922.

The car has 101,730 miles as of 1/31/15. It will go up daily (approx. 25 miles a day) so account for that. Since Late 2013, all maintenance has been done. New tires were put on 1 year ago at Stasek Chevy in Wheeling.

Here is the list of things done/maintained:

Trans Flush
Fuel Filter
Front Brakes have less than 1,000 miles on them.
Rear brakes brakes have approx. 18,000 miles on them. (EDIT: Missed the "1")
Tires have a bit over 10K miles on them with a LOT of tread
New Spark Plugs (300-400 miles ago)
Oil change intervals every 3K miles @ Stasek Chevy.
New Tachometer as of a few months ago. Replaced under warranty.

There are a couple of issues with the car.

The radio does work, however, it usually gets stuck on one station (aftermarket radio put in by the previous owner). The single disc CD Player works and it does play MP3's and has an Aux Cable. Speakers work fine.

The door actuator on the passenger side will need replacement. Heat/AC works like a charm, but, there is a noticeable clicking sound for the first 10-15 minutes, then the sound goes away. As long as the directional knob of where the heat is blowing is all the way to the left, there is no noise. This will not affect driveability or the operation of blowing hot/cold air at all. The part is about $50-$60 bucks at Autozone/Advanced auto and can be swapped out in 1-2 hours.

In addition, the interior has a flaw. Below the windshield the interior piece (not sure what it is called, but it is a non-functional plastic piece) is cracked and missing a portion. We never fixed it as it was there from the previous owner. Doesn't have an effect on the car and how it drives itself.

The body is in good shape for the year/miles. There are a few rough spots (Paint faded a bit, scratches) and the previous owner used spray paint to fix certain spots which is noticeable. The majority of the body still has a nice gloss finish and the car has been maintained well. There is NO RUST on the exterior of this car. Overall, the car looks good and drives even better. This has been the most reliable car we have owned and it has never broke down on us (knock on wood) The battery is also about 4 years old and still has life in it before replacing. The engine bay is also very clean as I am OCD about having a clean car.

Based on driving this car daily and maintaining it as well as we do, it does NOT need anything done to it at all other than the radio/actuator should the new owner choose to address.

We did not pay cash for this car and financed it for a very low rate/term. There is a lein on the vehicle. The title will be provided by our Credit Union approximately 7-10 business days after purchase (Financed through BCU Credit Union in Lincolnshire)

Asking price is $3,200. Pretty firm on the price.

Here are the pictures of the car.

If you want to see the car, we can meet up somewhere local. I live in Wheeling and work in Bensenville M-F.

PM for my number and to further discuss this.

Thank you for looking.

-Chris

Thread Info

• Grabber
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list