FS: 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9L Limited

Status
Not open for further replies.
THE HEEP: yours for only $8500

This is a 5.9L Jeep Grand Cherokee, commonly referred to as a "Niner" and only available for the 1998 model year.

I am the second owner. I purchased this Jeep bone stock in 2010 from a small dealer with only 60k miles on the clock and not a speck of dirt on the body. I'd like to tell you it was elderly driven for the remainder of its current life and only taken to church on Sundays, but I'll spare you the fictional story. This Jeep has been driven through dirt, mud, grass, sand, snow, and mall parking lots.

It was built with comfort and reliability in mind, not just an all out trail rig. You can drive it to the office during the week and take it on the trail that same weekend. No shortcuts were taken or pennies pinched. The Niner has been a labor of love over the years, it wasn't thrown together over a few days. I wanted a combination of comfort while still being able to do some work off-road.

The OME coils paired with MX-6 shocks have proven to be a great setup. The Jeep feels great on the street and highway (no bobble-head syndrome), and you have the option to adjust the MX-6's with the turn of a dial for off-road use and towing. The Durango steering box upgrade also helped alleviate wheel slop and firmed up the steering ratio. I also went with electric cutouts with a switch mounted inside the cabin. The Jeep sounds downright evil with them open, while still allowing you to keep it civil when driving through your neighborhood with them closed (no need to wake up your neighbors).

The Niner also has a 242 tcase swap. You now have the option of 2wd as well as part and full-time 4wd. Niners come factory with the 249 (full-time 4wd only) which is notorious for problems with the viscous coupler. No more worries with this Jeep.

This Jeep also has a number of creature comforts and electronic upgrades, from a 2way LCD remote start with SmartStart module (lock/unlock/start your Jeep from an app on your phone from any distance) to bluetooth audio and a remote mount CB (no bulky box wedged somewhere on your dash or in between your seats).

Since this has been my DD (daily driver), it needed to be reliable. All maintenance has been meticulously kept up to date, and any problems were fixed on the spot. It just received a full set of new tires (mounted in November), including a 5th tire for the full size spare (as it is rotated along with the set). The new tires have less than 2k miles. This Jeep needs NOTHING. Everything works from the heated seats to the EVIC. Grab the keys and go. Ready for the trail or mall parking lot. Title in hand along with folders full of receipts.

I could go on and on, but I'll let you look over the mod list (there's lots I haven't mentioned). Feel free to ask any questions or shoot me an offer, bring steel toe boots and a six pack if you're looking to kick tires.

More pics and videos are also available. The most recent pics are those above in the parking garage (taken within the last week). I will be taking some daytime shots this weekend and updating the ad.

Thanks!

1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9L Limited
142k miles
Dark Slate Grey w/Black Leather Interior

Factory Options:
-Mesh Grille
-Low Profile Roof Rack
-Functional Heat Extracting Hood Louvers
-Molded Rocker Panels
-Heated Seats
-Power Sunroof
-180watt 10speaker Infinity Gold System
-Rear Speaker Bar
-5.9L Mopar 360cu in. V8
-150a Alternator (recently rebuilt)
-2 Speed Electric Cooling Fan

Exterior:
-License Plate Light LED Conversion
-Sylvania Silverstar Headlights/Fogs
-Llumar 35% Front Window Tint (matches factory rear privacy glass)
-Tinted windshield visor
-AVS Dark Tint Window Visors
-Tinted Tails

Interior:
-Black Microsuede Headliner
-HuskyLiner/WeatherTech Floorliners
-Cargo Area Maglite Mount
-Interior LED Conversion
-Lotek 2-Gauge Pillar Pod
-Autometer Sport-Comp Narrowband A/F
-Autometer Sport-Comp Digital Trans Temp Gauge

Audio/Electronics:
-Hardwired for a Radar Detector
-Pioneer DEH-X7600BS w/Bluetooth Audio and Mic for Calls
-Infinity Kappa 60.11cs Front Component Speakers
-Cobra 75WXST Remote Mount CB Radio
-3' Firestik Antenna on HD Spring
-MobileCB External Speaker
-Viper 5901 Remote Start Alarm System w/LCD Remote
-Viper VSS200 SmartStart Module (arm/disarm, remote start via smart phone app)

Engine/Exhaust:
-K&N FIPK II w/Amsoil Filter & Prefilter Screen
-Gates Micro-V Serpentine Belt
-3" Kolak Exhaust (Magnaflow Cat, Flowmaster 50, 3" Mandrel Bent Piping, 5.9 Tip)
-DMH Performance 3" Electric Exhaust Cutout (controlled via interior switch)

Suspension/Steering:
-99 5.2L Dodge Durango Steering Gear Box
-OEM Tow-Package Cooler converted to Power Steering Cooler
-Old Man Emu 2.5" HD Coils
-CrawlerReady 1" Coil Isolators
-ProComp MX-6 Adjustable Monotube Shocks
-KOR Double Sheer Front Track Bar
-KOR Track Bar Bushing Upgrade (SuperHard Durometer)
-Addco Front Swaybar
-Energy Suspension Sway-Bar Bushings
-JKS Swaybar Quick Disconnects
-Iron Rock Offroad Extended Length Rear Sway Bar Endlinks
-OME Heavy-Duty Steering Stabilizer
-MOOG HD Tie Rods
-MOOG HD Control Arm Bushings
-Synergy Ultra HD Ball Joints w/Poly Boots
-Kevin's Off-Road Steering Box Brace

Brakes:
Vanco 16" Wheel Big Brake Kit:
-Centric Rebuilt Dual 48mm Piston Calipers (03-05 Explorer Sport Trac 4x4)
-Centric Premium Series 12" Single-Piece Vented Rotors
-Centric Rebuilt Rear Calipers
-Centric Premium Series Single-Piece Rear Rotors
-Black Magic Pads (front and back)
-G2 Caliper Paint (Ford Redfire Metallic)

Drivetrain:
-Selec-Trac NP242 Transfer Case Swap (2.72:1 Crawl) (Regeared to 32tooth Speedo Drive)
-46RE Automatic Trans
-Mag-Hytec Deep Trans Pan
-Trans-GO Jr. 46RE Shift Kit
-TruCool 4490 LPD 22,000 GVW Auxiliary Trans Cooler
-Dana 44a Rear Axle (3.73 Geared with LSD), Professionally Rebuilt
-Dana LP30 Front Axle (3.73 Geared, Open)

Wheels/Tires:
-Mopar 16" Ultrastar Wheels (plastidipped black, comes off easily)
-LT265/75R16 Cooper Discoverer ST Maxx (less than 2k miles)
-Spidertrax 1.25" Hub-Centric Wheel Spacers

Towing, Armor, and Recovery:
-Rugged Ridge Front Tow Hooks
-Mopar UpCountry Gas Tank Skid Plate
-Hidden Hitch Class III Receiver
-Hitch Mounted D-Ring
-2" Hitch Ball
-Tow-Ready Lighting Harness
-DrawTite 4" Drop Ball Mount
-DrawTite Stabilizer Locking Pin

Recent Maintenance:
-New Fan Relays
-New Alternator (Mopar factory rebuild)
-New Gov and Solenoid in Trans
-Valve Body R&R'd with a Cleaning
-Fresh Fluids (at the start of winter season)
-Stainless Extended Front Brake Lines
-New Battery (under a year old)
-New Tires (including full size spare)
-New BCM (was very hard to track down)
-Synergy Ultra HD Balljoints w/Poly Boots
-Custom 3" rear driveshaft, upgraded spicer U-joints. 100% proper length, clears everything and much stronger then the stock toothpick

BeerOrGasoline

Me & Dead Owls Don't Give a Hoot.
Mar 15, 2009
New Lenox, IL
00P0P_cwxDGPoxW0m_600x450.jpg

00X0X_9AGHVjNuLo4_600x450.jpg

00a0a_32PnNtyBIiM_600x450.jpg

http://chicago.craigslist.org/sox/cto/4866211628.html

BeerOrGasoline

Mar 15, 2009
New Lenox, IL
It kills me to sell this thing but my 80+ mile, round-trip commute is destroying me financially. I'm deep into this thing as I avoided all the cut corners most Jeep people take. (read: much deeper than asking price. The brake upgrade was like $1200 by itself)

It kills me even more knowing it's replacement will be capable of towing this on a trailer to endless hours of offroad fun. I was always pretty careful and never really tested the full limits of this thing since I always needed it to get to work Monday.

1264419_10201405179388679_660785234_o.jpg

Little 1/2 throttle, cut-out open up a sand dune clip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kM3stmj3wYE

FlyinGTP

Regular
Apr 25, 2008
Elk Grove
Nice jeep! You might want to try ebay. Lifted jeeps tend to bring good money there. But at 8500 on cl and forums probably won't happen I've seen a couple with long arms and upgraded axles selling in the 8500 range on cl and the jeep forums. A 5.9 on eBay should do well even with the stock axles in it.

BeerOrGasoline

Mar 15, 2009
New Lenox, IL
Nice jeep! You might want to try ebay. Lifted jeeps tend to bring good money there. But at 8500 on cl and forums probably won't happen I've seen a couple with long arms and upgraded axles selling in the 8500 range on cl and the jeep forums. A 5.9 on eBay should do well even with the stock axles in it.

As my new truck delivery date gets closer, it'll head to eBay. The snow yesterday has generated all sorts of local action all of a sudden though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thread Info