99 GSX 66k Original Miles..460HP For Sale

EDIT: CAR IS A 98 GSX 66,XXX miles...yes that's not a misprint. Full power, leather, sunroof, AC, PS, 5 speed, etc...everything works. I'm the second owner and the first owner was/is still a buddy of mine. Its got a few mods on it..but I swear to you the car drives like a stock DSM. Its very smooth and quiet as well. No rattles, no creaks, no clunks...it really makes you appreciate OEM ride quality if you've never experienced it in a DSM.

VIN: 4a3al54f4we075882
-Fully forged bottom end...wiseco/eagle with std sized bearings. Block is o-ringed with copper wire. OEM HG.
-Fully ported head(Stage 3 in terms of port work) w/OS valves, new guides, seals and valvetrain with old school HKS 264/272 combo
-New Paintjob..resprayed in original factory silver color..otherwise cosmetically the car is 100% stock appearing. OEM suspension...it rides very nice.
-HX35 w/BEP and supporting mods..FIC 1250, walbro 255, ACT 2600/FW, B&M Short shifter and TRE Stage 3 Trans tuned on e85 via ecmlink.

Car was put together a few years ago and since has mostly sat with a few occasional outings here and there. If I had to guess I'd say the setup has no more than 3k miles on it. No reason to sell other than I've got way too many toys...this car will make someone real happy. It needs a little bit of TLC due to sitting...but its nothing major...mostly minor stuff that someone who appreciates these cars will enjoy doing over the course of a few weekend projects to bring this back to being pristine. Specifically it needs a few things...

-the car idles a bit high 1500-1800rpms until its FULLY warm..once fully warm it idles at perfectly fine ~900-1000. Kinda annoying especially now with the colder weather on the way. I haven't looked into it but I'm thinking the FIAV on the throttle body may need to be changed..not certain 100% though. If it is the FIAV..should be a $20 fix.

-Battery was relocated to the trunk..but its not in a sealed battery box. Just wedged in where the spare tire sits. Needs a box and proper mount/install of the box.

-2g DSM's had a known issue for strut tower rust. The car has 'surface rust' sized about 2 quarters on the passenger strut tower. Its not deep and only on the surface.

-Gauge Cluster Trim that holds the WB02 gauge needs to be properly secured with screws(you can see it in the picture)additionally one side of the pod is empty. Its 2 screws..I may do this if I find the proper length screws.

-Since the car has been sitting for the past few years...even though it has a fresh paintjob its unfortunately gotten nicks and scratches here and there. Nothing major obviously but it sucks especially since the whole car was painted:(

-Finally the biggest issue of all is the driver door doesn't close with the proper 'snugness' like it should. Sometime during the first owners possession, the car was backed into while parked (the driver door).

If I can think of anything else I'll post but that's everything from what I can remember.

Here's a quick clip of the GSX wasting a bolted 03 Terminator..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypfy2K4uqps

And some cannibalism here...:p
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2Sfuo5PMwk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bo-EVZNexVo

Here is the detailed list from APEX regarding the machine work and the rest of the mods...
6bolt block
Honed, hot tanked, cleaned, decked etc.
.020 over Wiseco HD 1400 pistons
Eagle Rods
ARP Main bolts/ARP rod bolts
New oil squirters
ACL Tri-metal bearings
Polished crank
Brand new OEM water pump
Brand new OEM front case
Straight cut oil pump gears.
New rear main seal
Balance shaft removed.

Built head:
Oversized Titanium Valves
Lifters, Valves
HKS Cams 264I/272E
K&N Filter with Hard Intake pipe
1g ported/polished intake manifold
FIC 1250ccinjectors 1G fuel rail
255 wahlbro fuel pump plus rewire
Apexi large intercooler
HX35 with bep hotside Ported EVO Manifold/Megan racing recirculated o2 housing
Tial blow off valve
Thermal Research 3" straight pipe with downpipe with testpipe
Apex turbo timer
greddy egt and boost gauges(match OEM orange cluster lights)
ECM V3
B&M short shifter
ACT 2600 Clutch
TRE stage 3 trans
Fidanza Flywheel 8lb

As it sits...its running 24lbs of boost on e85 and makes 460HP on a moderate tune with 21 degrees of advance up top. Its got another ~100HP in it from more boost and a better MAF setup as the car is still running a stock 2g MAF. Looking for all reasonable offers at this point. Asking 6900...If anyone is seriously interested we can talk over the phone and I can go over all the minor details. No test drives w/out cash in hand.

IMG_6481_zps09bc6415.jpg
[/URL]

NOMIEZVR4

TCG Elite Member
May 6, 2014
Chicago
Its a great car..I really don't want to sell it...but prior to taking these pictures the poor thing was sitting for the past 2 years. Take a look at the dates posted on the videos...exactly 2 years ago and its been just sitting since.

Problem is I really don't have the space for 2 e85 crack whores...between this and my big mitsu...these things will run my wallet dry. As it sits I'd venture to say its definitely close to a 120mph car in the 1/4 mile...add some boost and you can have a solid 130mph 10 sec car for under 7000. That's a hell of a deal!!:bigthumb:

NOMIEZVR4

TCG Elite Member
May 6, 2014
Chicago
Considering!

Can you elaborate on this a bit.

Added to the original post.

-the car idles a bit high 1500-1800rpms until its FULLY warm..once fully warm it idles at perfectly fine ~900-1000. Kinda annoying especially now with the colder weather on the way. I haven't looked into it but I'm thinking the FIAV on the throttle body may need to be changed..not certain 100% though. If it is the FIAV..should be a $20 fix.

-Battery was relocated to the trunk..but its not in a sealed battery box. Just wedged in where the spare tire sits. Needs a box and proper mount/install of the box.

-2g DSM's had a known issue for strut tower rust. The car has 'surface rust' sized about 2 quarters on the passenger strut tower. Its not deep and only on the surface. I'll take a picture of this as well.

-Gauge Cluster Trim that holds the WB02 gauge needs to be properly secured with screws(you can see it in the picture)additionally one side of the pod is empty. Its 2 screws..I may do this if I find the proper length screws.

-Since the car has been sitting for the past few years...even though it has a fresh paintjob its unfortunately gotten nicks and scratches here and there. Nothing major obviously but it sucks especially since the whole car was painted :(

-Finally the biggest issue of all is the driver door doesn't close with the proper 'snugness' like it should. Sometime during the first owners possession, the car was backed into while parked (the driver door). Its been repaired but the door doesn't close like it should.

If I can think of anything else I'll post but that's everything from what I can remember.

NOMIEZVR4

TCG Elite Member
May 6, 2014
Chicago
c'mon you bastards...someone owes themselves a nice toy for the holidays...

Listen, I'm not gonna bullshit you fellas. I listed it high so I don't get lowballed. If someone brings me 6000 cash you can take this car home. Not a penny less. If it doesn't sell for 6k, I'm gonna list it on ebay come tax season/springtime.

Thread Info