Cavalier

Donnie

Ethanol Junkie.
Jan 31, 2012
Uranus, Sol System
I wouldn't trust a 4t40e under the kind of power this setup is capable of producing anyway, not with the wildly excellent selection of manual gearboxes the Ecotec has available to it.

Buy it, as much as I dislike the J-body aesthetics, this is a fucking legit built car. And anyone with an ounce of mechanical aptitude can pick up driving standard in a few tries. It's all about learning to recognize the clutch's friction point and throttle modulation.

Vink70

Sep 14, 2014
Thanks guys, sorry I didnt join up sooner to post it.

Like said, car is legit. Its built with a few things in mind... Best parts I can get my hands on, quality, cleanliness.

Driving stick is not hard. Hell if I knew the turbo kit would clear an auto trans, id put one in for you... But as far as I can tell even though its a custom one off turbo kit... an auto probably wont fit.

I really wish I could see it through but I just dont have the time to dedicate to it anymore. Its been a work in progress for almost 3 years and as sad as I am to see it go, its time. Hurts to say but someone is getting one hell of a deal in parts alone. Forget the rest of the car. You basically buy the head, clutch, turbo kit and the rest is thrown in for free.

I am bringing it to Import Face Off this weekend for the car show to see what that stirs up. Thanks for looking guys. Let me know if anyone has any questions and I will be 100% honest.

Here is the build thread to show the time and quality that went into it...
http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=46&i=463004&t=446292&p=1

Vink70

Sep 14, 2014
Few bites. So thank you to whoever is sharing. Other price options are $7800 without the Drag wheels and tires. Or $7500 without drag wheels and tires as well as without the HP Tuner Pro.

Had to edit prices after talking with the wife... Damn women!

Got someone looking at it Thursday, if it checks out, they said they will be buying Saturday... Hard to not get my hopes up.

DOC-Z

Chickun maka LOUSY housspaat!
Oct 13, 2008
Johnsburg, IL.
Real Name
-Larry
I'm not into Cavie's...but I if I have the $$$, I would buy this in a Heartbeat.

[MENTION=11476]stan5050[/MENTION] , Like what [MENTION=341]sickmint79[/MENTION] said. It's not as hard as one would think. Once you learn how, you'll wonder why you never learned before. It makes driving SOO much more fun.

this, I learned on the way home from buying my first car which was stick. A coworker flies out east to pick up a porsche and learned stick on the way back :rofl:

I learned while I was a valet in college

The only thing I would change is the color of the wheels and brakes. I would have those redone and paint the centers/spokes bright metallic silver and polish the entire lip, then paint the calipers the same color as the car.

Thread Info