Email- [email protected]
Phone Number-(734)629-6622
Year- 1996
Make-Volvo
Model-850 Sedan
Mileage-153,142 and rising
VIN #-xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (ask)
PRICE- 3,300 O.B.O

Hi guys, I'm selling my 1996 Volvo 850 Sedan, I'm very sad I'm at this point but I have some very expensive expenses coming up and it must go. I drive it everyday and is my DD. I'll try to keep it short and sweet.

*Drivetrain

-Inline 5 Cylinder, 20 Valve
-Stock Engine and Trans
-K&N Air filter
-Cabin air filter upgrade
-Yellow pullyurethane top engine (torque) mount upgrade

*Wheels/Suspension/Brakes

-16 inch Turbo 850 Wheels, Nexen CP641, 205/50/16 Tires (90% in front left, 75% in rear left) Just rotated them
-H&R 29958 Lowering springs
-Hawk Pads all way around
-New rotors all way around (March of this year)
-New lower control arms with new ball joints (March of this year)

*Exterior

-8k Artic blue HID's
-3k JDM yellow (to me its french but what ever..JDM, sigh..) High beams
-Amber corner lights
-Saab 900 Classic rear deck lid wing
-00' V70 (wagon) rear roof wing
-Volvo 740 Front lip
-Yakima roof rack, Yakima bike rack and Thule fairing (why Thule u ask? Cuz SWEDEN bro!)
-rear door windows tinted 5%, pass front tinted 20% (never got around to the rest of the windows..)

*Interior

-Kenwood KDC-148 head unit w/ front mp3/aux port (installed properly, no cut wires to the stock harness)
-Polk speakers at the front doors
-Audiobahn 10 inch 500 watt sub
-Jensen 500 watt, 2 channel, bridgeable amp
-3 gauge pod w/ ORIGINAL (hard to get) Volts, Oil Pressure and Clock (made in Germany, Yes..)

Now on with the Pros and Cons, Starting with Cons...

*Cons

-Non Turbo
-Green hood and driver side front door
-Stickers that actually mean something (just in case stickers aint ur thang)
-LED license plate bulbs flickering once in a while
-Few scuffs, scratches and dents
-Clear peeled on the rear of the car (not all over tho)
-ABS goes off and comes on again once in a while (I prefer the ABS not working)
-Consumes a little oil, I top it off every 2 months or so
-Oil pressure reading at 5 bar (yes in bar) because it still has the stock oil pressure sending unit, do have the correct one for the gauge, just havent installed it yet..
-Driver side seat heater and mirror defrost not working
-Headlight wipers don't work (never needed them)
-Hand brake isn't working properly (broken and stretched cables) I will how ever, include a new set of parking brake cables as well as new parking shoes

*Pros

-One of a kind
-Clear GREEN Michigan title in my hand with not a crease on it
-Power windows/Locks/mirrors
-Economy/Sport/Winter modes
-9 Speaker stereo system
-Cold AC/Hot Heat
-Outside temp reading on cluster
-Odo gear was replaced with an IPD part
-Lowered close to 2 inch
-Drives and Runs Great!
-Very comfortable, have driven to Kzoo, Flint, Saginaw plenty of times with no issues. I actually tend to get sleepy since its so comfortable but i remedy this with switching it into Sport mode and stepping on it
-Very clean Interior
-All dash gauges/dash warning lights work
-Handles awesome ( I know, I took it to Waterford Hills Raceway for OTD #1)
-Good MPG, 20 City/27 HWY

I'm sure I've forgotten something but I've posted everything to the best of my memory's capabilities, If I do remember something I've missed I will update it asap. Again I'm asking 3,300 or Best offer, as I do have a lot in this car. You can contact me by phone or text @ 734-629-6622 or email. PM's work too but text and calls are by far the quickest way to contact me. Any questions, feel free to ask. Thanks.

Now for pics:jg:

Attachments

• 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    189.2 KB · Views: 285
  • 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 279
  • 14.jpg
    14.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 277
  • 16.jpg
    16.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 281
  • 17.jpg
    17.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 310

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
HAHA, u must NOT know Volvos lol. Thanks for the imput tho.

And thanks Chris :smile:

I know cars well enough that a naturally aspirated automatic sedan with mis-matched panels built prior to 1997 that's been lowered 2 inches with no mention of what is lowered with and a list if minor problems including that burns oil is not worth north of $3000 regardless of make or model...

In all seriousness to help your sale:
Why are there mis-matched panels?
What's been done to the suspension to lower it?
What kind of services have been done on it? (Timing belt? Trans flush or replacement ever?)
Why was the odometer gear replaced with an aftermarket one? Are the miles accurate?

Willie@tcg

Nov 11, 2013
lol, Thanks for not reading properly. Under the Wheels/Suspension/Brakes section I made it clearly states "H&R 29958 Lowering springs".
So lets answer these questions sir, shall we?

1- Mismatched panels are the result of of the chap who owned it b4 me letting the hood fly up and destroying the hinges and as well as the hood, Green door? cuz i live in South West Detroit where tons of thieves live and one beautiful morning i woke up to a smashed drivers side window. Why? cuz I'm a pawn broker and people bring me rubbish and want a ton of money for so I'm known to say the least. (not my fault, I follow orders) Nice right lol. So by having a parts car I bought for 50 bucks, i swapped the parts and went on and swapped the door real quick so I can get to work and carry on with my life. Have u ever replaced a door window on a Volvo? and that is a serious question sir.

2-No timing belt has been changed since I've owned it (1 year and 6 months) and the chap b4 me did at 120 something k. There's a sticker on the timing belt cover. Trans flush? No sir, oil is pink still. Smells like cherries and oil is changed every 3 months

3- The odo gear was replaced (if in case u did not know sir) are very brittle and prone to break on Volvo 850's. I replaced mine while I had the cluster out to repair burned bulbs. have u ever removed a cluster from an 850 sir? Did u know the whole half top of the dash has to come off (or up with out cracking it if ur skilled enough)? and yes the miles are accurate.

Now, I dont want to seem like some kind of dick but this has led me to answer your very important questions sir EVEN THO I know that I should've just carried on but I had the urge to answer ur questions sir. Sorry if I've been rude sir, I hope U have ur answers and U have urself a great night. Thanks

PS. Please, excuse my grammar... :bigthumb:

Thread Info