2007 Audi A8L - $15,000

Car: 2007 Audi A8L
Mileage: 146,000
Color: Black/ Amaretto (brownish orange)
Notable Options: Bang & Olufsen Stereo, Adaptive Cruise Control, Soft Close Doors, Sport Package, Massage Seats, Cooled Seats
Price: $15,000 (located in Los Angeles, would need to be shipped)

Condition - Exterior is good to very good. Light scratches here and there and some scuffs on the bottom of the front bumper cover. Roof rails have been sanded and sealed in their aluminum color. It looks stock. Paint shines great, wheels have minimal curb rash, headlights are clear and all exterior functions work.

Interior is likewise good with some minor issues. The dye in the leather on the center armrests is ever so slightly fading. It's not bad unless you're anal retentive. I got a quote of $100 to re-dye them. Overall condition of the interior is probably an 8 out of 10. The leather is very good, the door panels are free of major wear and everything is pretty clean. All functions work. There are no broken options.

Mechanical - Functionally perfect. Might need an oil separator and if it does I'll have it installed prior to delivery at my expense. Just received 8 new injectors, a new high pressure fuel pump, low pressure fuel pump, intake carbon cleaning, intake gaskets, oil pressure sensor, fuel pressure sensor, etc.

The front control arm bushings on these cars are notorious for premature failure. They are not in danger of falling off or breaking but over really uneven roads the front suspension knocks. Pretty much any A8/ S8 with over 60k will do this. I was originally quoted $4500 for the work but ended up finding the parts for $700 and was quoted $500 to install them, drastically reducing the cost. If I were to keep the car I would do this but it's not necessary. The struts are air struts and aren't known to fail with any kind of regularity. All hold air.

The transmission shows no signs of slipping, overheating or any other kinds of symptoms. The engine is quiet and revs freely to redline. Shifts are firm and quick in sport mode and virtually undetectable in standard driving. Mechanically the only problem with the car is the electric trunk motor. The clutch in it is failing which means it can't lift the trunk the first couple inches. So you either need to help it for the first 2 inches or just lift it manually. There is a newer motor out for about $350 and it takes 20 minutes to change if you care. Other than that literally everything on the car works without issue.

Standard Options:

Power Retractable Mirrors w/ LED puddle lamps, Automatic Windshield washers, Headlight Washers, Navigation, Bluetooth, MMI Infotainment system w/ Motorized Screen that comes out of the dash, Adaptive Air Suspension (raises and lowers on demand), Adaptive HID Headlights w/ LED running lights, Power Trunk, 350HP 4.2L V8, 6 Speed ZF Transmission, Limo (long wheel base).

Bang & Olufsen Stereo - By far the best stereo I've ever heard in any car. It is amazing regardless of your choice of music. I've listened to everything from Fall Out Boy to hardcore rap. It all sounds amazing. I gravitate to this car over my BMW some days for the stereo alone. This was a $6500 option on the car and is not at all common in the A8s. Usually it was found in the S8's and the W12 A8's.

Sport Package - Larger 12 spoke wheels (I think they're 20's), a firmer sport mode in the sport setting for the suspension and paddle shifters.

Adaptive Cruise Control - Set your speed and the distance between you and the car in front of you and the car does the rest. It will pull you down to a full stop if needed and right back up to speed as soon as traffic clears. Best of all: the system works. The system in the FX35 kind of sucked.

Comfort Access - Key Fob stays in your pocket. Simply touch the door handle and all doors unlock. Press the button on the handle and they all lock.

Cold Weather Package - Heated seats, heated steering wheel, heated mirrors, Headlight Spray Jets. Car also has cooled seats but they suck. It may as well not have them.

Soft Close Doors - No need to slam the doors. Just pull them in softly and the car pulls them in the rest of the way and latches them. Now you don't have to worry about passengers slamming your doors!

Ipod/ Aux Interface - Interact with your iPhone or Android phone on screen. Full A2DP functionality as well.

Park Distance Control & Backup Camera - Backup cam displays on infotainment screen as well as a graphical interface that shows how close you are to objects in front of and in back of you. This is priceless for parking this boat.

Dual Pain Glass - Yes, seriously. It's dual pain and like a quarter inch thick. It's required with the B&O system for clarity and the car is like a vault inside. This doubles as safety glass because nobody's smashing it.

Four Zone Climate Control - Rear passengers have their own full climate controls for temperature, vent distribution, etc as well as 6 way heated seats.

Rear Window Shades - Manual on the sides, Electric on the rear window.

Extended Leather - Center Console and Door Armrests stitched in leather.

It's basically fully optioned sans full leather (covered dash) and rear fridge. Pictures to come later if anyone is actually interested. I had to type this all up for Craigslist so I thought I'd share it here for posterity.

boogeyman

T-BURD
Sep 25, 2012
demotte in
i have owned a few audi`s and these are absolutely killer cars to drive the 4.2 is pretty bullet proof and people get scared of these cars for repair costs quite often the newer gen cars are quite a lot more reliable than the older cars were and parts can be had at a fraction of the cost of what a dealer wants pretty easily if u look at the right places

if i was in the market this would be a serious contender if i was looking for a higher end comfy loaded couch on wheels to haul the family around in and as a added bonus people think these cars are still brutally expensive lol

Thread Info

• M
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list