2010 BMW 535i - $29,000 shipped

2010 BMW 535i - Old Gil is running an Easter special! $23,000

Car: 2010 BMW 535i
Mileage: 41,000(ish)
Color: Carbon Black (really dark blue)/ Black Interior
Notable Options: Cold weather package, M-Tech/ Sport Package, Sport Auto Transmission, Comfort Access, Navigation, Logic 7 Stereo
Price: $23,000

Condition - Interior is mint with the exception of a small tear in the shift boot. You don't see it unless you poke your finger through it. Seats show no wear and everything is clean. Exterior is in great condition. Car has been involved in two minor accidents. I hit some cones which resulted in the mounting tab for the bumper cover being torn off the fender. No dents were present but to fix it right they replaced the fender and the bumper cover. BMW did the work and you can't tell the car was touched. I'd venture a guess that a body guy wouldn't be able to tell the body was touched.

Mechanical - Flawless condition. Transmission has no issues, no noises, no rough running, no nothing. The car has never had any kind of issues other than a rough cold start on very cold days when I was running E85 in Chicago. Even then it cleared up after 30 seconds but BMW replaced all 6 injectors in the car so this wouldn't be an issue even if you want to run E85.

Warranty - Car was fully under warranty until this past April. It qualifies for an extended warranty if you get it inspected by BMW just so they can make sure it doesn't have any issues. I've never taken the car in with the tuner installed so this would not be in their system. Even if you don't get a warranty the drivetrain is basically bullet proof. The high pressure fuel pump is covered until 125,000 miles and the turbos are covered until 83,000 miles, regardless of your warranty status otherwise.

Modifications - The car is currently equipped with a cold air intake and a JB4 tuner. This tuner is completely bypassed through the steering wheel and controlled through the dash board. You can leave the car stock, run a 400hp tune for 93 octane gas, run an Auto-tune for E85 mixes or run an extreme tune for race fuel/ high E85 mixes and it's all done on the fly through the steering wheel. Want to set it in valet mode (disables the turbos), set it to valet mode and you're done. I like to set it in wife mode (stock) for the few times my wife has driven it. On the Auto Tune map with about 5 - 6 gallons of E85 the car makes about 460 - 470hp. With too much E85 the car made 376whp on a Mustang dyno. Similar 535/ 335's with an intake, E85 and a tune are generally just a hair over 400whp on Dynojets so this car would be no different. It is stupid fast, everything you would need in a street car.

Other than the tune the stock muffler has been replaced with a Dynomax muffler and another pipe run over to the passenger side for a quad exhaust setup. The stock diffuser was removed and replaced with a carbon fiber diffuser to accommodate the other tail pipe. The setup looks amazing.

Wheels are real M6 19's. They are staggered and since they're the real deal and not replicas they aren't ridiculously heavy.

Windows are tinted 20% all around, tails are tinted but they are done with film and it can be removed in 10 minutes if that's not your thing. I have all stock parts, including the muffler, stock diffuser, intake, etc.

Why my car? - The 535 replaced the 530 as the mid-level 5 series and because of that it's very hard to find them well optioned. You can easily find them without nav or without comfort access but to find one nearly fully optioned like this is really hard. The only options the car doesn't have are night vision (sucks), adaptive cruise control, heads up and the rear window shade. Heads up is in nearly no 5 series nor is adaptive cruise and night vision so this is basically optioned like a top of the line 5 series.

This car is by far the best all around car you can be driving if you want a sports car but have to stick a car seat in the back. It's silent when it's in auto mode with a ride that's comfortable, smooth power delivery, an amazingly quiet cabin and all the bells and whistles you'd need and then when the wife and child are chilling at home and you stick it in sport mode it's incredibly raw and visceral, able to swing it's ass around on demand, hold gears to redline and accelerate faster than any reasonable person would need to do on the street. This is a more reliable car than the M5, with nearly double the gas mileage, a fraction of the operating costs and much faster stoplight to stoplight (but not the highway). If ever there was a better Dr Jeckyll and Mr Hyde car I'd love to see it. I'm convinced it doesn't exist.

Features!

MSport/ Sport Package - The MSport package adds M5 front and rear bumper covers and side skirts. It drastically improves the looks of the car. The sport package adds adaptive suspension which actively loads your sway bars in a turn to keep the car flat. In fact, the car has absolutely no discernible body roll in a turn. Sport package also gives you the bigger brakes (13.7x1.18" in front and 13.6x.95 vented in rear). The brakes are the best I've had on anything but the M5. You will never find yourself in a situation wear brake fade is an issue unless you are abusing it on the track and even then you probably won't have an issue. Lastly, the sport package lowers the car and firms up the ride a bit.

The sport package also adds the sport seats which are 22 way adjustable and have amazing side bolstering that makes you feel like you're sitting in a race car seat but that is fully adjustable and fully retracts when the doors are open so you can get in and out easily.

Comfort Access - Key Fob stays in your pocket. Simply touch the door handle and all doors unlock. Touch the key hole and all doors lock.

Cold Weather Package - Heated seats, heated steering wheel, heated mirrors, Headlight Spray Jets.

Sport Auto Transmission - This is literally the best part of the car and the hardest option to find. Sport Auto (identified by the "sport" button directly below the shifter) adds a beefier, shorter shifter and a true sport automatic transmission. Upshifts are instantaneous and firm. Downshifts are the same and are greeted with a blip of the RPM's before the cog changes. This isn't your run of the mill manumatic transmission. If you want to bounce off the rev limiter in first gear it will let you. If you want to drive it full manual it will never revert back to auto mode until you tell it to. It is bar none the best full automatic (non-DSG, non-DCT, non-SMG) transmission I've ever experienced. Coming from a 6 speed manual 550 I didn't feel like I gave up anything by going with this transmission. It is awesome. That's not an oversell.

Tech - Navigation, bluetooth, Homelink, USB input, Auxiliary input, Adaptive HID headlights (they turn with the steering wheel), Power Folding Mirrors, Auto windshield Wipers, Harmon Kardon Stereo, BMW Connect (Google Search, weather, news, etc), HD Radio, Ambient Lighting, Comfort Access, Park Distance Display, Auto-Dimming rear and side view mirrors, etc

Harmon Kardon Logic 7 Stereo - Another hard to find option on the 535. This system sounds amazing and has subwoofers under both the driver's and passenger's seats. Bass is overwhelming at times. It's the only vehicle I've ever owned that I consistently find myself turning the bass down on. Turn it up and the clarity will blow you away.

Why am I selling - Finalizing my dealer's license this week and will probably just be driving whatever I'm trying to sell at that point in time. In other words: I won't really need it and can't justify keeping it if I'm going to have a steady stream of higher end cars at my disposal.

I'll be getting pictures once I get it cleaned up. In the meantime, here are a few from the forum:

bmwnewexhaust.jpg

535front.jpg

Last edited:

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
A lot easier surprisingly. A few thousand and a few hours gets you your wholesale but then you can only sell to dealers. Retail is a little harder. You need a store front with regular hours, clear signage, parking spaces, etc and that gets expensive out here.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Honestly you wouldn't want it in a manual. The manual cars lose a lot of boost between shifts so you really need to beat on the car to keep the boost up. If you drove this auto in full manual mode you'd get over the missing manual pretty quick. I miss it all of never.

Thread Info