FS: Great DD material - 2000 Mercury Mountaineer awd- $2,000 OBO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Moving out of state (will post in another thread) and will not be paying to transport my car to CA.

I bought this about 2 years ago and have been DD'ing it ever since. It's been a great car for me and it's a champ in the snow. Unfortunately, it a way more reliable vehicle than my wife's SRX which is 4 years newer and has less miles...

Details:
2000 Mercury Mountaineer
~115k miles
5.0 AWD
Leather, power seats, auto climate control, rear climate control, sunroof, cd changer, factory stereo w/ sub, towing package, keyless entry, power locks/windows - Everything works!

Runs great, no leaks, shifts fine, no warning lights, new battery 3 months ago & new fuel pump 6 months ago.

Pro's: The drivetrain - it's a beast in the snow and has a towing capacity of 6,560 lbs. The truck has always started for me (except for when the battery and fuel pump needed to be replaced). It'll get you where you want to go, reliably and in any weather. Parts are extremely cheap.

Con's: It's got it's visual flaws. There's rust on the bumper and on the bottom of panels. There's a small 3/4" tear on the drivers seat. The arm rest center console has a hole on top from elbow wear-n-tear (common and ebay reupholstering kits are cheap). Generally just cosmetic stuff.

I'm asking $2,000 OBO.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thread Info