FS: OEM C5Z Rims & Tires + GTO Spares

Breze84

$ AIN'T NO PITY IN C-NOTE CITY $
Aug 30, 2010
Chi-Town....
My understanding is that the GTO spare requires a 3.5" spacers which is not something I'd want to drive on anyway.

yea, Some guys swear by it others have doubts. Many have ran it with a spacer with no problems. Others don't want to take the risk. Its all personal opinion. The spacer should be hub centric as well for added safety if ever used like this... Anyways here is a thread from CF about the subject...

GTO spare front skinnies and the C6 Z06 - Corvette Forum

Xfirez51

Fast BoyZ of IllinoiZ
Jan 1, 2013
Northwest Chicagoland
Breze,

Yes thanks for that. I guess that's why the factory uses RF tires. Just not a satisfactory solution for a spare and staggered wheels. There is one place that offers a spare for Z06s, but it's $900+ which is a hell of a lot more expensive than a flat bed tow and a AAA card. I'm thinking of getting the Continental flat tire kit that BMWs come w. Read that it works well unless you have a blown sidewall or something catastrophic like that.

Breze84

$ AIN'T NO PITY IN C-NOTE CITY $
Aug 30, 2010
Chi-Town....
Breze,

Yes thanks for that. I guess that's why the factory uses RF tires. Just not a satisfactory solution for a spare and staggered wheels. There is one place that offers a spare for Z06s, but it's $900+ which is a hell of a lot more expensive than a flat bed tow and a AAA card. I'm thinking of getting the Continental flat tire kit that BMWs come w. Read that it works well unless you have a blown sidewall or something catastrophic like that.

Look into a 08+ CTS-V spare... It is a order option only for the CTS-V but you can find them... They are like 300 bucks each, But they only require only a 1/2 spacer to fit a C6Z and that's because of the offset...

Here is a pic of what they look like...
attachment.php

Xfirez51

Fast BoyZ of IllinoiZ
Jan 1, 2013
Northwest Chicagoland
Look into a 08+ CTS-V spare... It is a order option only for the CTS-V but you can find them... They are like 300 bucks each, But they only require only a 1/2 spacer to fit a C6Z and that's because of the offset...

Here is a pic of what they look like...
attachment.php

Very helpful. That looks like a solution.
I just want something to bring along
on longer trips.

Thread Info